At Literacy Bridge Ghana, our mission is to use information and communication technology (ICT) for development, with particular focus on health, education, and income. We help others overcome poverty through village access to on-demand knowledge.
We acknowledge that a wealth of crucial knowledge is already available throughout the rural districts of Ghana; the problem is connecting that knowledge with people who lack literacy skills and live without electricity. We address this problem with a simple and low-cost audio technology: the Talking Book. We designed the Talking Book to address the short and long-term needs of those we serve: it gets vital knowledge into their hands immediately while enabling them to practice and improve their literacy skills over time.
Currently, we focus on agricultural skills and health behaviors that are designed specifically for the needs of community members in rural villages in the Upper West Region. By providing on demand access to audio lessons on these subjects, we have shown an increase in incomes and an increase in behaviors that lead to lower mortality rates.
Literacy Bridge Ghana will be implementing a project on the Jirapa District and require for immediate employment the following vacancies.
The skilled professional will assist the finance and administrative department in providing general accounting and office support.
• Maintaining financial systems to enable the smooth and effective functioning C4D project.
• Ensuring accounts procedures are adhered to and that accounting standards are met.
• Administrative responsibility of the project such as logistics, transport and communication. Summary of Roles and responsibilities
• To implement and maintain proper accounting systems as laid down by UNICEF Ghana
• To implement any accounts-related policy decisions made by and as directed by UNICEF Ghana
• To handle all requests for payments, ensuring that these are adequately approved as per established UNCICEF guidelines, and that adequate supporting documentation is on hand,
• Maintaining the petty cash book and cashbook.
• preparing cash and bank reconciliation statements and adjusting journals and regularly follow- up all debtors for project-services rendered,
• In direct liaison with the Executive Director, to ensure proper cash flow management,
• To develop required financial reports, analyses, and projections on a timely manner,
• Preparing project draft accounts and audit schedules, and interacting with internal and external auditors in completing audits,
• To perform all tasks in a confidential manner.
• To perform administrative tasks such as logistic management and correspondence.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software and accounting packages. Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma or Degree qualification in accounting and/or finance
• Good Knowledge on Quick books and/or Tally
• Two years relevant work experience finance and administration
• Demonstrate experience in Microsoft Excel, Word
• Detail oriented, well organized and good team player Location:
Wa Upper West Region How To Apply For The Job
All applications and C.Vs should be mail to: [email protected] Closing Date:
02 January, 2014