Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
The incumbent would be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the finance and administrative functions of the organisation with sound responsibility for financial integrity; financial planning and reporting to various stakeholders including Donors, Board and Management.The successful candidate will be responsible to the Executive Director. The job functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following.
• Ensuring maintenance and safe custody of books of accounts and other financial records, documents and assets of the organisation;
• Exercising direct responsibility for processes relating to budgeting and financial planning and budgeting;
• Providing timely and accurate financial management and accounting information to management and other stakeholders;
• Oversight for processing payroll and ensuring that all statutory payments are made to the appropriate regulatory bodies;
• Setting up and ensuring maintenance of effective controls over resources of the organisation;
• Producing monthly, quarterly and annual management reports;
• Meeting all reporting needs of donors and other statutory agencies
• Undertaking financial training for financial and non-financial staff.
• Liaising with appropriate schedule officers to ensure recruitment; staffing; performance management policies are adhered to. Qualification Required & Experience
Interested applicants must have the following qualification; experience and skill.
• Minimum of 5 years’ work experience including 3 years relevant managerial experience with donor funded NGOs as well as fund management experience;
• A bachelor or post graduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance. Possession of professional accounting qualification will be an added advantage;
• Sound knowledge of financial reporting, financial analysis and control techniques;
• Good knowledge and skills in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
• Excellent communication and team building skills;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Detail oriented, proactive and well organised individual. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
The offer will be on a 2 year renewable contract basis, subject to good performance and availability of funds. Remuneration will be based on qualification and experience, commensurate with industry standards.
Qualified candidates are requested to send their application with supporting resume including telephone numbers and email addresses to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
30 January, 2014