A fast growing financial institution seeks applications from experienced and qualified Accountants to fill a vacant position in the Accounting Department. Responsible to:
Financial Controller Key Responsibilities The Key responsibilities of the incumbent among other duties will be the following:
• Assit in the review and implementation of accounting policies and procedures of the bank in accordance with the relevant GAAPs.
• Monitor,control and maintain the intergrity of the bank's chart of accounts, the general ledger and othef accounting and financial records in conformity with the approved policies and procedures.
• Coordinate the preparation of annual budget and strategic plans and monitor the activities of all departments within the bank to ensure that budgetary/strategic targets are met.
• prepare and publish the annual statutory financial statements of the bank in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, statutory laws and regulation and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Prepare the bank's Consolidated Monthly and Annual Financial Report under UMOA /BCEAO/French accounting system.
• Prepare and sumit all periodic regulatory report to Bank of Ghana and other regulatory institutions.
• Prepare daily, weekly and quarterly Management Accounting/Finacial Reports for management decision making.
• Perform any other function as and when necessary,in areas such as budgeting,accounting and financial analysis. Competencies Required
• Strong skills and knowledge in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
• Understanding of Bank of Ghana prudential returns,Budgeting and Strategic management issues Qualification Required & Experience
• Qualified Accounting with ACCA/CA/CIMA
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance related programme
• Master's Degree in Finance will be an added adavantage
• At lease 5 years experience in a Finance or Accounting role in a bank Location:
Accra How to Apply For the Job
Candidate are to submit their application (covering letters and Curriculum Vitae) through: [email protected] Closing Date:
13 September, 2017
Only Candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.