AEL Mining Services
Job Vacancy For Fleet Maintenance Superintendent At AEL Mining Services (Bogoso, Western Region)
To effectively and efficiently manage company fleet and auxiliary equipment to ensure they are in good working condition and coordinate with appropriate departments on availability of critical spares to ensure continuous business operations
The principal accountabilities of the successful applicant will include:
• To ensure that company’s fleet of vehicles are roadworthy and insured in compliance with the legal requirements of Ghana
• To ensure all required documentations on vehicles are current and updated as per standard requirement.
• To manage planned maintenance and coordinate work scheduling including off-sites on status of fleet (with other departments) to achieve optimum fleet availability for effective operations
• To ensure all LDV/MMU and auxiliary equipment are cleaned, maintained and serviced on scheduled to meet operational demand
• To manage the department staff, including responsibility for training, scheduling work assignments, performance management, discipline, and authorization of overtime
• To ensure that maintenance environments and workshop is kept and maintained in a safe manner per AEL housekeeping, safety, quality and environmental standards always to ensure safe operations
• To comply with all reporting, safety, health, environment and quality standards and requirements as revised from time to time to compliance and ensure best practice (including investigations, UORs and ‘Take 5’ on any workshop job)
• To efficiently manage resources and ensure that vehicles are maintained to the required standard by using quality parts to achieve optimum/cost efficiency levels.
• To produce reports on all areas as required for decision making processes by management
• To manage, lead and develop direct reports to ensure career growth and development in collaboration with Engineering Manager.
• To perform any other duties within his/her competencies as the exigencies of the job require to ensure efficient and continuous business operations.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a tertiary qualification appropriate Engineering field or its equivalent
• Minimum of 4 years’ working experience in engineering management level
• Professional qualification as an Engineer or Certificate of Competency as Sectional Engineer/Engineering Supervisor
• Must have committed attitude towards onsite Health and Safety standards.
• Good coaching, organizational and leadership skills
• Knowledge and understanding of minerals and mining Acts and Regulation.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, electrical and electronic systems.
• Must be computer literate, proficient in MS office suite, Excellent communication skills
• Good reporting and presentation skills, Good inter-personal skills
Location: Bogoso, Western Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should apply in writing plus a CV to:
The Human Capital Manager,
AEL Mining Services,
P.O. Box 58,
All applications should be sent as attachments electronically to:
The subject line for the email should read: "Fleet Maintenance Superintendent"
Closing Date: 12 December, 2014