Our client, a reputable company in the fisheries sector located at Tema has vacancy for the following position: Accountant Key responsibilities:
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. Qualification Required & Experience
• A good first degree or a professional qualification in Accounting or a related field. A Post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience in a similar position. An experience in the fisheries sector and the multicultural environment will also be an added advantage
• Accounting, Corporate Finance and Reporting Skills
• Attention to Details, Deadline-Oriented, and Reporting Research Results
• Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, and General Math Skills
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written Location:
Tema How To Apply For The Job
Please send your application letter and CV to: [email protected] Closing Date:
11 January, 2016
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.