Report to (functional):
• Control the daily cash/check management, by checking the data reliability, tracking invoices and submitting monthly accounts in accordance with the Finance Manager’s instructions and VIS protocols, to provide accurate and updated financial information.
• Maintain and update cashbook movements, record all IN and Out transactions, ensure that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and investigate any discrepancy.
• Perform currency exchange operations in accordance with the country's exchange rate policy.
• Ensure strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory, reconciliation with double entry system, together with the manager, to ensure reliable and updated financial information.
• Monitor cash advances by ensuring that VIS rules and protocols are followed and the amounts advanced will be duly refunded.
• Keep track of bills/vouchers and other running costs and analyze the related information (costs, service contracts ...) to give reliable information about the mission functioning.
• Ensure all receipts meet VIS requirements (deadlines, information, signatures ...).
• Ensure a monthly accounts report in accordance with VIS procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
• Check the quality of the receipts for check payments
• Inform supervisors of any issues / problems that may arise in their job performance.
• Make the payment of taxes within legal datelines.
• To support the on-going operations of the office.
• Operate office equipment such as scanner, fax machines, copiers, and phone systems.
• Order and dispense supplies. To ensure that all consumables needed are available at any time.
• To answer telephone calls and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• To maintain the Outgoing/ Incoming Letters folders numbering them progressively.
• To make copies of correspondence and other material.
• To be responsible for the office cleaning.
Qualification Required & Experience
Essential diploma or professional qualification in accounting / finance / business administration.
In administration and accountability (minimum 1 year).
English and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Team work, flexibility
• 1 year contract with 3 months probation period
• Starting 1 march 2019
How to Apply For the Job
Qualified and interested applicants should submit CV and motivational letter by e-mail to:
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
22 January, 2019