Accountant Assistant Report to:
Administrator Manager Report to (functional):
Accountancy Manager Area:
Administration Main Purpose
• Control the daily cash/check management, by checking the data reliability, tracking invoices and submitting monthly accounts in accordance with the Finance Manager’s instructions and VIS protocols, to provide accurate and updated financial information. Accountabilities
• Maintain and update cashbook movements, record all IN and Out transactions, ensure that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and investigate any discrepancy.
• Perform currency exchange operations in accordance with the country's exchange rate policy.
• Ensure strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory, reconciliation with double entry system, together with the manager, to ensure reliable and updated financial information.
• Monitor cash advances by ensuring that VIS rules and protocols are followed and the amounts advanced will be duly refunded.
• Keep track of bills/vouchers and other running costs and analyze the related information (costs, service contracts ...) to give reliable information about the mission functioning.
• Ensure all receipts meet VIS requirements (deadlines, information, signatures ...).
• Ensure a monthly accounts report in accordance with VIS procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
• Check the quality of the receipts for check payments
• Inform supervisors of any issues / problems that may arise in their job performance.
• Make the payment of taxes within legal datelines.
• To support the on-going operations of the office.
• Operate office equipment such as scanner, fax machines, copiers, and phone systems.
• Order and dispense supplies. To ensure that all consumables needed are available at any time.
• To answer telephone calls and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• To maintain the Outgoing/ Incoming Letters folders numbering them progressively.
• To make copies of correspondence and other material.
• To be responsible for the office cleaning. Qualification Required & Experience Requirements
Essential diploma or professional qualification in accounting / finance / business administration.
In administration and accountability (minimum 1 year).
English and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Team work, flexibility Conditions:
• 1 year contract with 3 months probation period
• Starting 1 march 2019 Location:
Sunyani How to Apply For the Job
Qualified and interested applicants should submit CV and motivational letter by e-mail to: [email protected] NOTE:
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Closing Date:
22 January, 2019