Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy, Based in Washington, D.C, ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. Job Summary
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Ensures all expenses/financial transactions are properly coded in the financial system according to chart of accounts
• Prepares and submits accurate and timely financial reports for the project to the Finance Manager, Prepares financial information for the quarterly annual reports as required
• Monitors budget and tracks all expenses and disbursements against the budget.
• Provides analysis of spending as required.
• Ensures the project meets its legally required reporting, tax, socials security, and other financial obligations.
• Oversees sub-recipient agreement financial compliance, budget tracking and financial projections.
• Performs general banking duties including deposits, transfers, and cashing checks.
• Ensures financial files are audit ready.
• Coordinates financial operations with accountants from other ACDI/VOCA projects in country Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in accounting from an accredited institution
• Part II of ACCA, ICSA, CIMA, CPA or other recognised professional qualification
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in financial management
• Experience in an international non-governmental organisation is preferred.
• Experience with donor project procedures, policies and compliance requirements
• Strong analytical, organisational, and research, and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, QuickBooks and other relevant computer applications
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and manage priorities and work flow
• Versatility, flexibility, and ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
• Relationship-building skills.
• Demonstrable ability to work in a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to travel to field offices as required Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Please include the title of the job for which your are applying in the subject line to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
23 November, 2015
• No phone calls please.
• Only those eligible for an interview will be contacted
• Women and minorities encouraged to apply