Accounting / Auditing
Job Vacancy For Accountant At ACDI/VOCA
Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy, Based in Washington, D.C, ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Ensures all expenses/financial transactions are properly coded in the financial system according to chart of accounts
• Prepares and submits accurate and timely financial reports for the project to the Finance Manager, Prepares financial information for the quarterly annual reports as required
• Monitors budget and tracks all expenses and disbursements against the budget.
• Provides analysis of spending as required.
• Ensures the project meets its legally required reporting, tax, socials security, and other financial obligations.
• Oversees sub-recipient agreement financial compliance, budget tracking and financial projections.
• Performs general banking duties including deposits, transfers, and cashing checks.
• Ensures financial files are audit ready.
• Coordinates financial operations with accountants from other ACDI/VOCA projects in country
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in accounting from an accredited institution
• Part II of ACCA, ICSA, CIMA, CPA or other recognised professional qualification
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in financial management
• Experience in an international non-governmental organisation is preferred.
• Experience with donor project procedures, policies and compliance requirements
• Strong analytical, organisational, and research, and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, QuickBooks and other relevant computer applications
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and manage priorities and work flow
• Versatility, flexibility, and ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
• Relationship-building skills.
• Demonstrable ability to work in a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to travel to field offices as required
How To Apply For The Job
Please include the title of the job for which your are applying in the subject line to:-
Closing Date: 23 November, 2015
• No phone calls please.
• Only those eligible for an interview will be contacted
• Women and minorities encouraged to apply