Incumbent shall be responsible to check on the proper usage of funds by the Cashier, bank reconciliations and postings into the general and personal ledgers. Be in charge of the Assets Register of the Organisation as well as be in charge of monitoring all donor funds received from External Partners. Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall:
• Be responsible for all bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Be in charge of postings into the general ledger and personal ledgers.
• Be in charge of the Organisation’s Asset Register.
• Be responsible for accounting for all donor funds received and the preparation of Report for Donors as may be required.
• Supervise the posting of all returns received from Agencies and programme Managers.
• Ensure the proper filing of all supporting documents relating to Donor Funds;
• Be responsible for keeping all the books and provide direct oversight of all account clerks and cashiers in order to ensure proper segregation of duties.
• Assist in the preparation of the Draft-Final Account for the Organisation for each financial year.
• Ensure close supervision of cashiers, among other things, unannounced inspections of ledgers and funds held at any time.
• In a computerized accounting environment, the Accountant shall be responsible for additional tasks such as: allow entry of data before they can be carried out by account clerks and cashiers, and request the authorization of the Principal Officer, Adminstration & Finance before undertaking changes in the accounts.
• Ensure accounting functions for project funds financed by Partners.
• Perform any other duties assigned to him/her from time to time by the Principal Officer, Administration and Finance. Qualification Required & Experience
• Hold at least a good first degree in accounting or Business Administration from a recognized university.
• A professional qualification from training institutions such as ACCA, CIMA, ICA or similar institutions would be an advantage; Experience
• Have a minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in accounting.
• A higher degree would reduce the required number of years of experience to eight (8). Competencies
• Have working knowledge of at least one Accounting Software.
• Ability to work in a team, create and maintain good interpersonal relations.
• Be able to work under pressure in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
• The incumbent must have excellent computer skills, be conversant with accounting packages such as SAP/ SUN / TALLY. Age
• Candidates must not be over 50 (fifty) years of age at the point of recruitment. Language
• Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Community; English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage. Annual Salary:
USD 36,901 - USD 44,469 Location:
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in. Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 June, 2015
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL.
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2347034188920
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2347034188920
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).