Founded in 1948, University of Ghana is the oldest and largest University in Ghana and is certainly one of the most distinguished universities in Africa. University of Ghana has a student population of almost 40,000 and employees numbering approximately 6,000, made up of academic and senior administrative employees, as well as other support staff.
The University of Ghana, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to occupy the ENDOWED ACADEMIC CHAIR IN ACCOUNTANCY
, based in the/Department of Accounting, University of Ghana Business School.
Occupant of the University of Ghana Business School (UGBS)/Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG) Chair in Accountancy
• Reporting to: The Dean, UGBS, through the Head, Department of Accounting Duties and Responsibilities:
During the tenure as Occupant of the UGBS/ICAG Chair in Accountancy, the successful applicant will be required to:
• Conduct research jointly approved with ICAG;
• Develop case studies in Accounting in collaboration with industry and commerce which are of relevance to businesses in Ghana and the advancement of knowledge and practices of accountancy;
• Deliver public lectures and addresses;
• Produce a publishable manuscript on your research; Disseminate research findings through high quality publications in refereed journals and participation in local, international and ICAG conferences;
• Forge strong links between UGBS and ICAG;
• Assist in sourcing research grants for the Department;
• Assist in supervision of graduate research
• Prepare a report detailing the results achieved at the end of the tenure period for the University and ICAG Package:
• Salary and salary supplementation
• Research and administrative support
• Furnished office as well as secretarial/research staff support
• Appropriate passages to assume duty/on departure at the end of appointment
• Appropriate residential accommodation for which utilities will be charged Qualification Required & Experience The successful applicant must:
• Be of professorial status from an academic/research institution or a person from industry eligible for that position.
• Be capable of providing academic leadership especially in the area of teaching, research and extension in the relevant disciplines.
• Provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the University. Tenure:
The occupant of the Chair should be able to serve for a term of at least one year or up to two years. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to [email protected]
(Soft Copy) or the (Hardcopy) to The Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG 25, Legon, Accra, Ghana
The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• A curriculum vitae and cover letter addressing the positions qualifications, evidence of teaching effectiveness and evidence of scholarship, including prior publications.
• A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues.
• Contact information for three references Closing Date:
17 November, 2015