The Resiliency in Northern Ghana (RING) project is a 5-year integrated project funded by the USAID Feed the Future (FtF) Initiative and is designed to contribute to Government of Ghana (GoG) efforts to sustainably reduce poverty and improve the nutritional status of vulnerable populations. The goal of RING is improved livelihoods and nutritional status of households in Ghana. Job Location:
Tamale Reporting Relationship:
Accountant reports to Sr. Accountant Job Summary
The Accountant provides accounting and financial services for the Project in the areas of disbursement, financial record keeping, reporting and budgeting. The Accountant is aware of, and adheres to Global Communities procurement integrity standards in all activities. Specific Responsibilities Accounting & Finance
• Prepare payment vouchers and write checks to the attention of the senior accountant.
• Create vouchers and checks for replenishment of petty cash.
• Process all payables and receivables including creating payment vouchers and preparing checks after perusing the accuracy.
• Ensure that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation and ensure that all costs have adequate prior authorization and approval
• Ensure the accurate and timely bank reconciliation and provide reconciliation documents for approval.
• Enter daily entries of transactions in accounting system (QuickBooks) and ensure charge codes are appropriate.
• Understand and articulate the basic doctrines of Internal Control and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to other staff members.
• Assist in preparation of training budgets
• Ensure proper and maintain good filing system of accounting documents
• Perform any duty assigned by the direct supervisor or other financial senior leaders. Project Management
• Avoid conflict of interest or perception of conflict of interest.
• Contribute to realization of the Mission of Global Communities.
• Respect Global Communities values as they pertain to financial management.
• Respect procedures established for the good of the office
• Perpetuate the good reputation of Global Communities. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Business Management, or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
• Experience of at least 3 years as an Accountant and the understanding of key aspects of accounting.
• Experience with USAID Projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software.
• Practical knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting software is a must
• Understands the principles of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their CVs by email to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
31 January, 2016