Finance & Services Department:
Treasury & Cash Management Location:
Accountant, Mobile Money Bank Operations Level:
MTN Level 2 Reports to:
Manager, MobileMoney Accounts Job Summary:
• Coordinate and carry out reconciliations for all Mobile Money Products & Services, Bank Accounts, and provide operational support for activities with GhIPSS, Partner Banks, Service Providers, Third Parties and other Stakeholders. Job Role
• Preparation of daily bank reconciliations (MoMo Float/Interoperability & Interest, and Other Current Accounts) and ensuring they are completed accurately and timely.
• Coordinating Mobile Money Settlements with Partner Banks to ensure timely updates of Float Accounts.
• Reconciliation of all Mobile Money Products and Services.
• Assist with preparation of periodic Mobile Money Reports for the Central Bank (BoG) and Partner Banks.
• Ensure effective management of Bank Accounts (Accounts Opening/Closure/Changes, Relationships, and Issues Resolution).
• Responsible for Service Centres Mobile Money Reporting and Reconciliations (Physical Cash, E-Cash & Commissions).
• Monitoring and tracking of all Mobile Money revenue lines & service fees to the business and Vendors.
• Ensure accurate calculations of interests on Mobile Money Floats with Partner Banks.
• Monitor Mobile Money Interest Accounts to ensure Partner Bank compliance with agreed timelines for Interest Credits.
• Prepare Bank Transfer Letters/Memos.
• Prepare and capture journals for E-Cash & Revenue Liquidations.
• Liaise with Accounts Receivable and MFS teams to ensure accurate and timely MoMo Monthly Reporting.
• International Remittance Reporting & Reconciliations and ensure timely collections of Commissions.
• Address reversal Requests/Tickets resolutions (Fraud, Wrong Transfers & Others)
• Implement effective Documents Management.
• Provide support and training on mobile money reconciliations to all Partner banks, Vendors, Merchants and Third Parties.
• Undertake other related duties that are assigned by immediate supervisor from time to time. Context:
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly regulated telecom and financial services environment
• Performance driven environment
• Developing sophisticated processes
• Diverse cultural environment
Strong Customer oriented environment Qualification Required & Experience Education
• Minimum of Degree in a relevant field - Accounting, Banking, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics
• CA, ACCA, CIMA certification would be an added advantage.. Experience
• 2 years’ experience in a finance related role especially in a bank or financial institution or mobile financial services. Professional/Technical competencies:
• Bank operations insight, fraud detection and control, internal audit practice,
• Data Mining and analysis,
• Business risk management,
• Information system management,
• System administration and management
• Microsoft word and Excel,
• Understanding and application of accounting principles
• Working knowledge - Electronic banking.(Digital Financial Systems)
• Good knowledge of financial reporting Behavioural qualities:
• Customer focus,
• Performance excellence,
• Attention to details
• Good written and verbal communication
• Good analytical thinking and skills NB:
The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times Location:
Accra How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 17th December, 2018 to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Closing Date:
17 December, 2018