• Responsible for performing the period end close, consolidation, and reconciliation of intercompany accounts in the Mobile Financial Services Entity towards ensuring that the books of Mobile Financial Services are closed in a timely manner. (IFRS)
• Prepare financial statements in line with reporting requirements.
• Adhere to month end schedule for period end reporting and ensure availability of necessary information for completion of period end activities.
• Assess any form of IFRS and local GAAP adjustments required. Submit details to Manager, GL for review and approval
• Prepare consolidated financial reports based on month end schedule. Submit to Manager, GL for review and approval
• Assist in preparation of statutory reporting and submit to Manager, GL for review and approval
• Comply with regulatory requirements (local requirements, accounting requirements-IFRS requirements)
• Comply with the defined SLAs for statutory reporting and DOA for accessing the financial statements in the system
• Prepare financial information in line with audit instructions
• Assist Manager, GL with necessary information on identified audit differences
• Upload adjustment journals in ERP for agreed audit differences (post necessary approvals)
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Considers customer needs and trends in the development of strategic plans
• Implements strategic objectives
• Understands the strategic direction of the organization and highlight areas of potential value or risk
• Produce useful ideas or explanations for circumstances but lack in identifying or including cause and effect
• Undertakes a complex task by breaking it down into manageable parts in a systemic, detailed way
• Analyze data to detect trends and issues in the data and information in a logical and factual manner.
• Makes logical deductions from data sets
• Identifies a solution for resolving the underlying problem
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• Identifies the core issue in problem solving, considers possible solutions and seeks direction and advice as appropriate
• Seeks to problem solve effectively by correctly analyzing the issues, seeking expert advice as required and consulting and collaborating with others as appropriate
• Demonstrates an ability to take a comprehensive approach to insights development, through demonstrating integrated thinking
• Works with cross functional teams across the business to ensure that the organization is gathering good quality behavioral information and technical data;
• Leads the Divisional insights strategy for the Division and makes a significant contribution to Divisional reporting
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree in Accounting/Finance
• 3 years relevant experience
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
• Working knowledge of ERP (Oracle preferred)
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Experience in Telecom Finance function
The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality always.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number IRC26857 as the email subject. Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
10 April, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.