Finance & Services
Accountant, Mobile Money General Ledger
MTN Level 2
Manager, General Ledger & Reporting
• Responsible for performing the period end close, consolidation, and reconciliation of intercompany accounts in the Mobile Financial Services Entity towards ensuring that the books of Mobile Financial Services are closed in a timely manner.
• Prepare financial statements in line with reporting requirements.
• Adhere to month end schedule for period end reporting and ensure availability of necessary information for completion of period end activities.
• Assess any form of IFRS and local GAAP adjustments required. Submit details to Manager, GL for review and approval
• Prepare consolidated financial reports based on month end schedule. Submit to Manager, GL for review and approval
• Assist in preparation of statutory reporting and submit to Manager, GL for review and approval
• Comply with regulatory requirements (local requirements, accounting requirements-IFRS requirements)
• Comply with the defined SLAs for statutory reporting and DOA for accessing the financial statements in the system
• Prepare financial information in line with audit instructions
• Assist Manager, GL with necessary information on identified audit differences
• Upload adjustment journals in ERP for agreed audit differences (post necessary approvals)
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly regulated environment
• Performance driven environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Group best practices & standards alignment
• Regionalization structure implication
• Supply market demographics
• Opco specific restrictions on local content
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree in Accounting/Finance
• 3 years relevant experience in related field.
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
• Working knowledge of ERP (Oracle preferred)
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Experience in Telecom Finance function
The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae:
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
22 March, 2019