Accounting / Auditing
Job Vacancy For Accountant, Mobile Money Payments & Financial Reporting
• Coordinate reconciliations for Mobile Money Interoperability Service, MMI Funding, Charge Backs and Settlements, and provide operational support for activities with GhIPSS, Partner Bank, and other Stakeholders, as well as coordinate all electronic payments/settlements and provide financial reporting support on mobile money to both internal and external stakeholders Standards. (IFRS)
• Timely and Accurate generation of interoperability transaction reports from ECW, DaaS and GHIPSS FTP.
• Preparation of Daily Interoperability Reconciliations for Sending and Receiving Transactions (Inwards & Outwards), and ensuring they are completed accurately and timely.
• Net Settlement Reporting and Reconciliation with GhIPSS and Partner Banks.
• Interoperability Funding Monitoring and Reconciliation with Partner Bank.
• Preparation of timely and accurate Interoperability Fees/Charges Report.
• Liaise with Revenue Assurance for timely validation of Interoperability Fees.
• Liaise with Accounts Payable for timely refunds of Interoperability Fees to Partner Bank.
• Assist with preparation of periodic Interoperability Reports for the Central Bank (BoG), Partner Bank and GHIPSS.
• Ensure accurate and timely Charge Back/Reversal Reporting, Reconciliation, Validation and Settlement.
• Ensure timely escalation of gaps with GHIPSS Reports and Settlements and liaise with GHIPSS to resolve.
• Timely escalate system (ECW & Daas) challenges with IT team for quick resolutions.
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Considers customer needs and trends in the development of strategic plans
• Implements strategic objectives
• Understands the strategic direction of the organization and highlight areas of potential value or risk
• May produce useful ideas or explanations for circumstances but lack in identifying or including cause and effect
• Undertakes a complex task by breaking it down into manageable parts in a systemic, detailed way
• Analyze the data to detect trends and issues in the data and information in a logical and factual manner.
• Makes logical deductions from data sets
• Identifies a solution for resolving the underlying problem
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• Identifies the core issue in problem solving, considers possible solutions and seeks direction and advice as appropriate
• Seeks to problem solve effectively by correctly analyzing the issues, seeking expert advice as required and consulting and collaborating with others as appropriate
• Demonstrates an ability to take a comprehensive approach to insights development, through demonstrating integrated thinking
• Works with cross functional teams across the business to ensure that the organization is gathering good quality behavioral information and technical data;
• Leads the Divisional insights strategy for the Division and makes a significant contribution to Divisional reporting
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics.
• Professional qualification a plus
• 3 years’ experience in a finance related role especially in a bank or financial institution, digital payment institution or mobile financial services.
• Understanding and application of accounting principles
• Customer focus, Performance excellence,
• Microsoft word and Excel,
• System administration and management
• Working knowledge – Electronic banking (Digital Financial Systems)
Skills / physical competencies:
• Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict management, ability to take and manage accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
• Skill in Resource Management
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number IRC26703 as the email subject. Application without the subject will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 30th March 2022 to:
Closing Date: 30 March, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.