Place of Work:
Head of Finance as may be delegated.
Finance and IT Officer, Operations Manager, Programmes Manager, Executive Director, HR, Project Officers, Consultants,
Partners, Finance interns and volunteers.
GrowthAid is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization limited by guarantee. Our vision is of a world where everyone has adequate access to safe water and sanitation and where no one dies from preventable diseases. GrowthAid works in collaboration with like-minded organizations
to reach poor and marginalized people with safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene services.
We hold our values of accountability, integrity, transparency, and respect dearly and demonstrate these in what we do and how we work.
General Role Summary
The Finance Officer- Financial Accountant works in collaboration with other finance staff to support the Head of Finance and IT to ensure that GrowthAid operates within a healthy financial environment and meets all of its obligations and accountabilities on time. The position
holder will provide sound accounting and financial services based on accounting principles and organization policy to support the organization to achieve its strategic objectives. He/ She will be responsible for assisting the organization to implement efficient and diligent financial
Essential Job Accountabilities
• Ensure that proper and reliable books of accounts are kept
• Ensure that prompt and accurate entries are made for all financial and technical transactions in the accounting (Sage/Sun, QuickBooks, etc) and technical (SICS) software.
• Maintain accurate and reliable financial and technical ledgers.
• Ensure that accurate and reliable fixed asset register and its associated depreciation charge is maintained.
• Prompt preparation of accurate Monthly and quarterly financial reports and submission of same to the Finance Controller for review.
• Ensure prompt preparation of all periodic donor reports for review.
• Ensure prompt payment for all approved expenses which must be in accordance with approved budget.
• Ensure payment vouchers journal vouchers, receipts and any other supporting documents that are necessary for carrying out financial and technical transactions are properly raise and filled
• Preparation of the company’s annual budget for review
• Any other duties that may be relevant to ensuring that proper and reliable financial and technical records are kept
Statutory And Regulatory Compliance
• Ensure that all relevant taxes, statutory and regulatory payments are promptly filed and paid to the appropriate authorities to avoid penalty
• Liase with the Finance Controller to ensure compliance with new and existing laws to avoid penalty.
• Liase with the Head of Finance and Finance Controller to ensure prompt conduct of the audit of the company
• Liase with external auditors to ensure prompt audit of the company financial statement
• Any other duty that may be relevant to statutory and regulatory compliance
• Ensure prompt and accurate processing of monthly payroll for review
• Ensure all tax deductions, pensions and other relevant deductions are promptly paid to the appropriate authorities to avoid penalties.
• Ensure reliable register of staff loans and proper reconciliation between accounting and payroll software
• Ensure that all payroll entries are made in the accounting software and all reconciliations kept for the records.
• Ensure monthly payslips/advice for staff are promptly shared as required.
• Any other duty that may be relevant to performance of the payroll function.
Banking And Treasury
• Ensure prompt banking of all remittances
• Ensure prompt and accurate entries are made for all remittances in the appropriate software.
• Ensure all ledgers or accounts related to the banking are kept
• Ensure reliable bank reconciliation statements are prepared and submitted to Head Office for review
• Ensure all outstanding items on the bank reconciliations statement are promptly resolved.
• Ensure that company maintains reliable daily cash balance to avoid overdrawn and excess balances.
• Maintain a petty cash system that complies with the company’s policy.
• Any other duty that may be relevant to performing the role of banking and treasury function.
Teamwork and People Management
• Support the HoF to create and sustain a healthy finance team environment of mutual respect and accountability where team members strive to achieve excellence.
• Provide team members with capacity-building support, information, tools, and other resources to improve performance and achieve team/organizational objectives.
• Provide support to volunteers, interns and other staff as may be necessary.
• Maintain good communication and prevent, and/resolve conflicts among staff.
• Provide and facilitate a supportive environment for team members to learn and share ideas.
• Provide business development support to Senior Management Team (SMT) as may be required.
• Support teams with relevant financial information to facilitate grant management
• Lead in the development of financial reports as may be required by donors.
• Provide support to teams during grant proposal writing
• As part of our commitment to organisational learning and in support of our understanding that organisational learning is more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time learning activities that benefit GrowthAid as well as themselves.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
A. Key Managerial Competences:
• Excellent interpersonal relationship and problem solving skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work as team member with share goals
• Ability to motivate others to achieve results
• A good understanding of managing performance and performance management system.
B. Technical Competencies:
• Prepare a budget.
• Prepare management accounts and other accounting and financial reports
• Good knowledge of Sage/Sun, QuickBooks and other relevant Accounting Software
• Ability to prepare accurate and reliable bank reconciliation report.
• Good knowledge of statutory accounting requirements
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Excel at the advanced level.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a qualified Accountant (ICAG, or ACCA) and possess a relevant first degree.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in an accounting role.
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants that meet the specifications of the various position should submit an application letter and a current curriculum vitae (CV) to:
Please indicate the position in the subject.
10 July, 2022