The Ghana AIDS Commission implementing the New Funding Model (NFM) with Global Fund Grant has vacancies for the under listed positions. The Commission therefore invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and result-driven to apply for consideration. The NFM under Global Fund project is for a period of two and half (21/2) years. Job Purpose:
To perform duties covering financial accounting and disbursement processes at the GAC Secretariat. The Accounts Officer will report to the Accounts Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs bank duties including depositing, checking bank statements and notifying the bank of any unidentified credits and debits, advices, and exchange rates verification.
• Handles travel issues including advances and DSA, travel and over time claims, and clearing outstanding local accounts receivables.
• Prepares monthly replenishment report.
• Prepares pre-financing replenishment schedules.
• Handles fixed assets register.
• Prepares journal vouchers.
• Handles fuel requests and allocations.
• Integrates budget database records into financial accounting system.
• Prepares bank transfer requests and disbursement vouchers.
• Attends to beneficiaries' enquiries on cheques transfers and invoices.
• Writes and issues cheques, remittance advices, transfer requests, etc.
• Prepares bank reconciliation statements.
• Creates vendor invoices a nd records.
• Checks and corrects account codes of accounts payable and receivable. Qualification Required & Experience
• A first degree in Business Administration (Accounting) or Part II of the Professional qualification in accountancy from a recognised institution such as ACCA, ICA (Ghana). CIMA, CPA or its equivalent;
• Must have completed a one year post degree national service.
• Proficiency in the use of the computer and internet skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applicants together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below within seven days from the date of first publication: The Director-General
Ghana AIDS Commission
4th Floor, Ghana Olympic Committee Building
Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Tel: 0302-919263 / 0302-919259
Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
28 July, 2015