• Accounts officers may specialise in a particular area, such as: accounts receivable: collecting and recording payments that come into the College.
• Accounts payable: organising the payment of invoices on behalf of the College.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Perform periodic reconciliations (cash, bank and investments)
• Ensure prompt payment of client’s redemption
• Carry out banking activities on behalf of the college
• Assist in preparing accurate, timely and reliable financial reporting in accordance with national and international financial reporting standards and regulatory requirements
• Assist in ensuring statutory payment are made on timely basis
• Assist external auditors in statutory audits
• Maintain confidential records and files
• Perform other related duties as required by Accountant of the College.
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
• A good university degree in Accounting
• Part-qualification of a recognized professional accountancy body will be an added advantage
• Post qualification experience in a relevant position will be an advantage
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office application (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge and experience in the investment industry would be an advantage
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
Reports directly to the Accountant of the College.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications with the subject heading of preferred position should be emailed to:
with cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents.
14 June, 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.