Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crisis and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We employ more than 9,000 people in programme countries, working with over 85,000 communities. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for almost 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Ghana is looking for highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful persons to fill the position of Accounts Officer for Central Program Unit-Winneba.
• To provide support to the Program Unit Accountant to manage the finances of the Program Unit Office.
• Prepares payment, journal and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software
• Ensures that transactions are complete and accurate with self-explanatory and understandable description.
• Maintains good filing for all vouchers in a limited access area to ensure easy retrieval.
• Maintains a record of vouchers borrowed by staff and ensure that they are returned and filed appropriately.
• Approved payment request is processed as per the payment cycle
• Prepares the Withholding tax and VAT schedule where relevant before payment is done.
• Cancels (stamped PAID) all vouchers (payment, journal and receipt) and its supporting documents to forestall re-use.
• Monitors PU cash book(s) in the GL to ensure that the cash balance is always positive.
• Release cheques to the right payee and ensure the appropriate receipts are issued.
• Prepares the PU bank reconciliation and accrual & prepayment reports for the completion of PU.
• Financial reports to ensure funds are properly accounted for.
• Shares good experience/practice among the team to strengthen team capacity.
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in accounting or any related field with 3 years experience.
• HND in accounting with at least 5 years working experience in a similar role.
• Experience in knowledge and working with SAP system is a plus.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Title in the subject line (i.e. Application for Employment - Accounts Officer) to:
31 March, 2020
• All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
• Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Plan International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equality and our recruitment procedure reflects this. Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.