A private hospital is looking to hire an Accounts Officer to join its team. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contribute financial data to business plans, strategic plans and reviews as necessary to ensure they meet accounting operational standards.
• Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow.
• Support the Financial Accountant to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accounting reports and schedules.
• Develop and monitor budget information; track expenditures and variances, and take corrective measures as needed.
• Verify cheques amounts against invoices, and authorize cheques and wire transfers to approve cash disbursements.
• Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
• Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Audit transactions to approve ledger entries
• Keep sensitive information confidential, and follow internal measures for financial security
• You will receive and maintain all vendor invoices in Dynamics AX2012 software and ensure timely payment of same.
• Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
• Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
• Verify and process employee expense claims and manage the approval and payment process
• Update and maintain vendor database in a timely manner
• Process accounts payables and receivables as needed
• Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Orient and train accounting employees; design employee schedules and coach, counsel, mentor and discipline employees Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree in Accounting plus a professional qualification in Accounting from a recognized professional Accounting body- ACCA, CIMA, ICA
• 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience Functional Skills and Knowledge
• Solid understanding of basic accounting and accounts payable principles
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial records
• Accurate data entry skills
• Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
• Excellent accounting software user
• Strong understanding of Accounting software
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Send ONLY cv to: [email protected] Closing Date:
03 March, 2021