The person and the job:
• The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for an Administrative and Finance Assistant who will be based at the Institute’s regional office for Africa and West Africa Office in Accra, Ghana.
• The position holder will be responsible for providing administrative and financial assistance to the Administrative and Finance Manager, and the Finance Officer to ensure smooth running of the unit. The person will work under the supervision of the
You will be responsible for
• Preparing receipts, payment of invoices (IWMI and hosted organizations) and generating SAP vouchers, and ensuring these are properly stamped before forwarding to the Finance Officer for review together with supporting documents;
• Checking the expense claims submitted by staff, generate SAP SOE vouchers, and ensure these are properly stamped before forwarding to the Finance Officer for review together with supporting documents;
• Providing clearance of vendor codes (personal accounts, consultants and suppliers);
• Processing of payroll and payroll reconciliation, PAYE and SSF contribution, and ensure staff salaries are paid as per the schedule;
• Preparing the monthly cash reconciliation report and the fuel consumption report;
• Preparing invoices on a monthly basis, incorporating telephone charges, courier charges and any other costs that need to be recovered from hosted Institutions;
• Preparing disbursement vouchers for national staff, and ensure that staff social security contributions and income tax are paid promptly to avoid penalties;
• Maintaining an up-to-date office filing and record-keeping system;
• Reviewing and ensuring the authenticity and accuracy of cash receipts and requests for payments, and ensure that bills are paid on time;
• Ensuring that vouchers, including cheque request forms, are available, and make photocopies whenever the need arises;
• Providing monthly telephone billing for office staff and the hosted institutions;
• Providing financial support in the organization of meetings;
• Assisting the Finance Officer in carrying out duties within the unit;
• Providing assistance with any other duties as directed by the supervisor or a higher authority; and
• Performing other administrative and clerical duties as assigned by the management.
Qualification Required & Experience
You will possess:
• A university degree or an equivalent professional qualification in administration and/or finance;
• An excellent command of English, both written and spoken;
• Experience in handling petty cash and performing basic administrative functions;
• A very good understanding of IWMI’s accounting procedures;
• Experience working with Microsoft Office and accounting software packages;
• Knowledge of the SAP accounting system;
• At least 2 years of relevant experience;
• A good understanding of basic accounting principles and processes;
• A good understanding of the application of relevant administrative policies and procedures;
• Good communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills; and
• Demonstrated service approach, and personal organization and priority-setting skills.
It would be useful if you have:
• Successfully completed the GCE (Advanced Level) examination or possess equivalent qualifications/training in administration and finance.
How To Apply For The Job
Please submit your application online at:
• Complete Application Form + attach your résumé + attach your letter which addresses IWMI’s requirements shown above with names and email addresses of 3 professional referees
, to be contacted if you are short-listed.
• This is a nationally recruited staff position and only citizens of Ghana are encouraged to apply.
• IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes transport and health insurance.
• The duration of the contract will initially be for a 3-year period, with possible extension.
04 January, 2016
IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and is keen to further diversify its staff in terms of both gender and nationality.