MEDA s an association of Christians who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. MEDA has been working in Ghana since 2012. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org .
MEDA has received new funding from the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development (DFATD) to implement a six (6) year project aimed at supporting Ghana’s tree crops sector. The project will enhance the productivity and profitability of female and male small farmers and small enterprises in tree crop industries in Northern, Central and Coastal regions of Ghana. The project is to respond to the recent decline in Ghana’s tree crop industry. Working with a Canadian private sector firm, Tree Global Canada, and its Ghanaian subsidiary, MEDA will establish industrial-scale commercial nurseries with distribution networks reaching farming communities across the country. The project aims to facilitate the distribution of 21 million tree seedlings over a six (6) year period.
The goal of the project is to improve economic wellbeing of 100,000 farmers in a strengthened export-linked tree crops industries. The project aims to support 50 small enterprises and their employees including 25 tree-sector farmers and industry associations. The project will be implemented from 2015- 2022.
MEDA HPTS project invites interested and qualified Ghanaians and residents of Ghana to apply for the following position. The position will be based in Accra and will involve field travels where required. Administrative Assistant
The administrative assistant plays an important role in the project providing various administrative and logistics support to project technical team. The administrative assistant reports to the Finance Manager. Responsibilities
• Management of schedules; receive and welcome visitors, organize and manage appointments, make telephone calls, verifying incoming calls to ensure their importance and possibility to respond and manage diary and schedule of lead technical staff
• Administrative management; organize meetings, receive, draft, type and make follow-ups on administrative letters, meeting room bookings, maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; support meetings and events by coordinating photocopying, scanning and comb binding of project documents and presentations, sourcing of quotes to support project’s procurement
• Management of mails; create a recording system for incoming and outgoing mails, ensure archiving, filling and management of documents, receive and register letters addressed to the project
• Logistics; support with hotel and airline reservations, manage the use of project vehicles by ensuring an updated recording system for vehicle’s movement, booking vehicle servicing and maintenance, organize venues for project events, keep equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures
• Data entry; assist with finance and M&E data entry when necessary Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. degree or HND diploma in administration with minimum of three (03) years’ work experience or Vocational training/ Diploma or equivalent in secretarial work or administration with at least 5 years of work experience
• Previous work with international development organization a plus
• Excellent command of computer applications (MS word, excel, powerpoint, outlook and internet)
• Document and database management skills
• Detail oriented, ability to work under pressure in a multicultural environment
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Self- motivated, customer oriented and team player
• High sense of responsibility and confidentiality
• Multilingual- English and knowledge of at least 2 other Ghanaian languages. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicant are invited to forward application letters and resumes to:- [email protected]
indicating position being applied for in the subject heading of the email response. Closing Date:
07 December, 2015
• All applications received after the above date and time will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.