Key tasks: Focal Point for liaison with Host Country Government institutions (MoFA, Immigration etc) for diplomatic accreditation of UNICEF personnel and visitors to Ghana.
• Advises all personnel on general administrative matters relating to protocols, guides, and ensures that application forms are completed accurately with adequate accompanying documents. Briefs staff/visitors/consultants on all up-to-date policies and procedures regarding local immigration policies.
• Issues Note Verbales and arranges appropriate travel visas for incoming personnel, their dependents and other official visitors to Ghana
• Arranges for issuance to all international staff and dependents, diplomatic ID Cards, driving licenses, resident permits. Maintain an effective tracking tool for their expiration and ensures timely renewal.
• Provides guidance to staff members from other country offices within the Region coming to Ghana or transiting through Ghana on medical evacuation travel, to ensure timely issuance of visa and other medical travel protocols. Liaises with Admin/Protocol of other country offices to facilitate travel and visas from those countries into Ghana.
• The focal point to advise staff and contact Embassies in Ghana to obtain visa for staff official travel out of Ghana. Manages diplomatic registration and tracking of Official /Private vehicles
• Liaises with relevant local government authorities to register official vehicles and assists with the registration of vehicles for international staff members.
• Ensures that all official vehicles are roadworthy and have valid insurance coverage and conduct periodic review and maintain tracking for prompt annual renewal
• Provide guidance to staff on UN and local authority compliance measures for diplomatic vehicle coverage. Arranges VVIP/VIP for and manage Airport Operations protocols
• Liaises with the Legal and Protocol sections of MOFA and Kotoka International Airport authority to ensure VVIP and VIP facilities for arrivals/departures are made available for all high-ranking officials/travellers visiting the country. Travel Arrangement
• Reviews all requests for travel, requests price quotations from travel agents, determines the applicable class of travel, calculates the number of days in travel status, and ensures security and medical clearances are available as required for travel.
• Determine, in coordination with the Admin Officer and HR, staff travel entitlements (e.g. field visits, official travel, home leave, family visit, medical evacuation, and education grant). Prepare and finalise the Travel Authorisation (TA) in Vision for staff and consultants ensuring that UNICEF financial and staff rules and regulations are complied with. Verifies travel claims against authorized travel, regarding actual routing and duration of stay. Correctly calculate all travel claims and prepare payment requests for settlement.
• Prepare a mechanism for monitoring the settlement of TAs. Follow-up with travelers upon return from a mission and ensure TAs are promptly closed. Prepare accurate periodic management report/update. Booking and Ticketing
• Contacts Travel Agents for quotations/bookings /ticket reconfirmations and ensure that the travel policies are strictly adhered to.
• Drafts all correspondence pertaining to all travel issues.
• Reviews and certifies Travel Agency invoices and ensures timely payments.
• Parks all outstanding bills for tickets on a bi-weekly basis. Ensures that copies of relevant documents are always attached and charged.
• Arranges quarterly reconciliation of ticket payments with Travel Agents.
• Record invoices received from travel agents and other vendors and monitor payment rigorously to avoid errors, open payables, and double payment.
• Maintains files and records related to travel and protocol and submit monthly reports for presentation to Country Management Team (CMT). Arranges for In-Coming Postage
• Arranges for the collection of in-coming postage as well as out-going mail for the office.
• Regularly follow up and collect UNICEF Pouch from the offices of UNDP.
• Coordinate with the receptionist to ensure effective flow of documents in the office Qualification Required & Experience To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
• Completion of Secondary School Education. A diploma or university degree in business courses or other relevant disciplines will be a strong asset.
• A minimum of six (6) years of experience in general office and administrative support or secretarial duties. Experience in travel and protocol procedures and activities is required.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) or a local working language of the duty station, an asset Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
16 March, 2021