The U.S. Mission in Accra, Ghana, is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Administrative Management Specialist — Deputy Executive Officer (AMS-DIEXO) in the Regional Executive Office of USAID/West Africa.
• The Management Specialist (MS) functions as one of three Deputy Executive Officers (EXOs) in the Executive Office of USAID/WA, reporting directly to the USDH Supervisory Executive Officer (SIEXO). The incumbent assists in overseeing delivery of effective personnel, procurement, administrative, logistical, and other support services for the USAID/West Africa Mission, including bilateral (Ghana and Benin) and limited/non-presence field offces in Cote d'Ivoire and Cameroon. In this capacity, the AMS-D/EXO helps to organise Executive Office work priorities and serves as an alter ego to the S/EXO as requested.
• The incumbent reviews and pre-approves designated actions for EXO's attention, assigns and folbw up on designated management operation tasks to ensure they are carried out properly and within appropriate time limits and customer service guidelines.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Possession of a Baccalaureate Degree or the equivalent of a four-year US college/university(or equivalency accreditation if a non-US institution) in business administration, financial management, or a field related to administrative management is required.
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional administrative experience, developing and implementing management procedures, contracting, and procurement, involving human resources or any combination thereof is required.
• At least two years of this experience must have been in a first and/or second-line supervisory role.
• Excellent supervisory, analytical, and interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy plus level IV English language (fluent written and oral communication skills) is required. Proficiency will be tested
Salary Range: GHC 132,729.00 - GHC 199,092.00
p.a, equivalent to FSN-12 (depending on qualification, experience and salary history).
The US Mission does not accept faxed or paper applications for open positions.
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements, must submit applications via email to :
All applicants must cite the position åtle and solicitation number within the email subject line, and attach signed cover letter, current resume with at least three references of direct supervisors (within the last five months from applicant's professional life), relevant certificates, a two-page supplementary document addressing the evaluation factors.
Attachments must include U.S. government AID 309-2 form (offer or information for Personal Service Contracts) which is available at the following link:
Attachments must be compatible with Microsoft word 2003/2010 or pdf. Failure to provide these requirements will result in a termination that the applicant is not qualified. shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
25 July, 2019