Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancy for a passion driven, customer focused, strong planning and coordination skills and results-oriented professional to occupy the Administrative Officer position in the organisation. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide.
Length of contract:
One (1) year contract (renewable upon satisfactory performance).
• The job holder provides administrative and secretarial support. He/she is responsible for coordinating travels including immigration activities, managing office stationary and other consumables. He/she oversees the management of the front desk ensuring an impressive outlook and professional image for MSIG. The successful candidate will manage MSIG Support Office Petty Cash imprest system and supervise relevant HR and Admin team members. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Human Resources
Key responsibilities include:
• Oversees the management of the front desk
• Maintains an efficient and effective administrative support to the Country Director, and all Heads of Department as required.
• Processes all other correspondence or memos, and all utility bills (including telephone and internet bills
• Supports and coordinates routine/annual planning, objective/target-setting of relevant Admin and HR Team members’ Performance Review processes
• Responsible for hotel bookings, compiling itineraries for visitors and all team members as required
• Coordinates all meetings by ensuring that venue requested for all meetings or trainings are well prepared and make arrangements for all required logistics and consumables required.
• Obtains visas and makes travel arrangements for MSIG team members and MSI team members travelling to Ghana
• Effectively coordinates the acquisition and renewal of work and residence permits for non-nationals
• Manages and operates the MSIG Support Office Petty Cash Imprest system;
• Responsible for preparation of MSIG’s annual Budget for office equipment, stationery, supplies, utilities, etc
• Able to maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels and anticipates or plans stock requirements to place or make orders.
• Serves as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries to stakeholders (e.g. Health insurance providers, Ticketing agency etc.)
• Manages and record office stationery & other supplies/consumables and submit monthly Inventory count and Reconciliations Report to the Head of HR.
• Oversees the maintenance and cleaning of Support Office premises, including opening and closing of Offices.
• Assists in the execution of the day to day admin activities of the department and the entire organisation
• Any other duties that may come up.
Qualification Required & Experience
• HND in Secretaryship and Management Studies
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any related field
Experience / Skills:
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent spoken and written English language
• Good spoken and written French will be an advantage
• Computer literate (Microsoft Word and Excel are required)
• Ability to communicate effectively, a team player and results oriented
• Ability to work independently and efficiently
• Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
• Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
• Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels
• Passionate about maternal health
• Analytical, honest, friendly, assertive and reliable
• Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and results, and is able to give constructive honest feedback.
• Experience in working with international NGOs and/or not-for-profit related organisations.
• Must be pro-choice and passionate about maternal health.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
07 August, 2019
• This is a local position. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits.
• Females are encouraged to apply
• Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.