Human Resources / Admin
Job Vacancy For Administrative Officer At BASICS International
BASICS International, has been in existence for 15 years, provided much need social services to woman and children in Ghana. Our mission to ensure young girls stay in school, a boarding house has been developed to help them stay focused, and have an environment that promotes good value, moral and conducive learning environment.
The overall description of this position is to serve in an administrative role, to ensure the day to day operation of the organization run efficiently. Reports directly to Executive Director and Programme Manager.
The below noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
General Administrative Duties
Receive all incoming calls and visitors, and direct to proper channel
Handle Administrative duties which includes, but not limited to:
• Typing Correspondences (Microsoft Word)
• Updating Databases (Microsoft Excell)
• Basics Bookkeeping ( will be trained to use Quickbooks)
• Making photocopies
• Procurement of supplies
• Human resource related activities
Attend Meeting and Run errands
• Attend meeting, or represent organization when needed.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be able to read and write ENGLISH fluently.
• Must be able to articulate themselves in any situation
• Must be able to speak GA
• Must be computer literate ( Microsoft Word, Excel) ( will be tested)
• Must be able to multi task, take instructions, orders, and criticism
• Able to work long hours with endurance.
• Be creative ( in thinking and in actions)
• Assertive, and show signs of leadership
• Have a great memory
• Wiling to work as team player; and in any capacity needed.
How To Apply For The Job
• This is an ENTRY LEVEL position; therefore those with higher degrees SHOULD NOT APPLY.
• Send an introduction letter ( ONE PAGE ONLY) outlining the skills you have that validates your qualifications for this position. Include a PHOTO of yourself.
• PLEASE mark the SUBJECT of the EMAIL; ADMIN/ YOUR NAME (
• EXAMPLE ( ADMIN/KOFI DOE)
• Upon submitting your application you will be instructed to fill out an application online.
Candidates should send their resumes to:
Closing Date: 21 December, 2015