CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects. Our Mission
To serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world Our Vision
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of an Administrative Secretary / Receptionist. JOB SUMMARY
The Secretary / Receptionist’s basic task is to manage the daily activities of the front desk and provide secretarial / administrative support to the Country Director, Assistant Country Director, Programme Coordinators and the programme support departments. The front desk is the first impression people have about every organization and as a result the following are critical.
• Timeliness to work and presence at post;
• Cleanliness / tidiness of the work station area and presence of available material that represents CARE’S work and approach;
• Customer orientation and professionalism; Key Responsibilities
• Manage the front desk and provide reception and secretarial services
• Receive and screen visitors appropriately;
• Organize outgoing and incoming mails efficiently and ensure that incoming mails are distributed to individual staff members immediately;
• Receive documents from various departments and items for dispatch weekly pouches to Atlanta and to the sub-office,
• Manage the official Notice Board and display official communications and promotional information in an attractive manner;
• Ensure proper circulation of information within the country office including posting and maintaining shared information on the LAN and CARE Ghana website;
• Organize and maintain the central filing system and ensure it is updated on a regular basis according to CARE procedures
• Prepare, publish and maintain the CO’S calendar for major events such as key meetings, workshops, conferences, international programmes and expected international visitors
• Receive and filter incoming mails, communications and visitors for the CD and ACD;
• Assist the CD and ACD in the management of their time and set-up their appointments;
• Preparation of letters and other communications and documentation for the CD and ACD.
• Reconcile the utility bills and prepare the necessary cost distribution in a timely manner
• Reconcile postage bills with coupons and ensure timely submission for payments
• Receive and ensure dispatching of payments issued by finance department to service providers according to CARE Ghana’s procedures and return the appropriate documentation back to the finance department.
• Receive goods with storekeeper and make the appropriate entries into the PAMODZI SOFTWARE and forward the relevant documents to the accounts department for payment;
• Maintain and keep up-to-date the manual inventory register Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Diploma in Business Secretarial Discipline
• First Degree in Secretaryship / Business Administration will be an added advantage
• Minimum 3 years experience in a secretarial field or similar position.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
• Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and outlook (or similar software);
• Basic analytical and statistical skills;
• Excellent communication in English (both verbal and written fluency required),
• Strong customer service of focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Strong team player. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:- [email protected] PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR. Closing Date:
23 June, 2015 OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY