The Global Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD), commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), has the objective that key players in partner countries are increasingly taking advantage of the positive effects that regular migration and diasoora engagement are having on local social and economic development.
It is run under the umbrella of the Center for international Migration and Development (CIM), which Is jointly implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fUr Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the International Placement Services (ZAV) of the German Federal Employment Agency (BA).
In Ghana, the PMD Is implemented under the roof of the Ghanaian-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration. The MPB Advisor role sits within the PMD Migration Governance component (MiGov) of the Ghanaian-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration (GGC)
GGC - Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD)
Senior National Coordinator, PMD
The contract ends on 30.11.2022
Accra, Greater Accra
• Works closely with the Senior National Coordinator (PMD), who represents the Programme Migration and Diaspora at country level under the roof of the Ghanaian German Centre for Jobs, Migration & Reintegration
• Coordinates all programme related activities in the context of Migrations Governance in the partner country with close consultation withe the PMD coordinator, the MPB Project Manager and other relevant staff members of of the Programme Migration & Diaspora in country and at GIZ Head Quarters in Eschborn Germany
• Supports the Senior National Coordinator (PMD) in the overall implementation of the Programme Migration for Development if necessary, stand in for and support other colleagues in charge of other programme fields of action at the country level coordinates the design and implementation of services to the political partners of the programme/ component based on profound need analysis
• Responsible for continuous management of partner relations including evaluating relevant political topics and themes together with partners
• Monitors the development and Implementation of MPB plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
• Coordinates processes, joint project activities and work at the local/national and regional level (in special cases with service provider)
• Coordinates Innovation, knowledge and quality management of the MPB component.
• Establishes and maintain strong partnership with project stakeholders Supports project knowledge management
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the PMD Senior National Coordinator and the MPB-Ghana Manager in GI, Headquarters, Eschborn Germany
Qualification Required & Experience
• A master's degree in an area that is related to the project objectives,such as Migration Studies, Development Studies, International Relations/ Political Sciences, etc
• At least three (3) years professional experience in a comparable position Excellent written and oral knowledge of English, good working knowledge of German would be an advantage
• Very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Availability to travel frequently within the country, region and to Germany. Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed based on corresponding measures are agreed with management
Competitive GIZ salary structure, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward a detailed curriculum vitae and a one - page cover letter to:
under the job code 2020/PMD/03/02
please consider your application unsuccessful.
31 March, 2020