• Provide advisory support and implement MTN structured stakeholder management strategy at both regional and state levels with particular emphasis on the executive and legislative arms of the state. Input into policy advocacy and research, to ensure MTN business promotion. Job Role
• Provide advisory support to the regulatory affairs function of MTN as well as government relations and regulatory advice to all divisions within MTN.
• Support the research of social, economic, and industrial trends.
• Establish, develop, and maintain effective corporate relationship with identified government stakeholders proactively.
• Coordinate follow up actions from meetings on regular basis to ensure timely and successful implementation of planned activities.
• Manage pre, during and post relationship with traditional authorities and councils to promote MTN’s business interest.
• Assist in the collation of internal feedback on a regular basis across all divisions.
• Monitor and coordinate follow up actions from meetings, support projects etc. on regular basis to ensure timely provision of information. Context :
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly legal and regulated environment
• Performance Driven Environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Unionized environment
• Active Media Engagement & Brand Reputation Regionalization structure implication Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Considers customer needs and trends in the development of strategic plans
• Implements strategic objectives
• Understands the strategic direction of the organization and highlight areas of potential value or risk Critical Thinking
• May produce useful ideas or explanations for circumstances but lack in identifying or including cause and effect
• Undertakes a complex task by breaking it down into manageable parts in a systemic, detailed way Analytical Thinking
• Analyze the data to detect trends and issues in the data and information in a logical and factual manner.
• Makes logical deductions from data sets
• Identifies a solution for resolving the underlying problem. Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• Identifies the core issue in problem solving, considers possible solutions and seeks direction and advice as appropriate
• Seeks to problem solve effectively by correctly analyzing the issues, seeking expert advice as required and consulting and collaborating with others as appropriate Integrated Analytics
• Demonstrates an ability to take a comprehensive approach to insights development, through demonstrating integrated thinking
• Works with cross functional teams across the business to ensure that the organization is gathering good quality behavioral information and technical data;
• Leads the Divisional insights strategy for the Division and makes a significant contribution to Divisional reporting. Qualification Required & Experience Education
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. Experience
• 3 years relevant experience in a similar role Professional/Technical competencies:
• Good report writing skills & presentation skills
• Analytical skills
• Policy writing
• Research orientation
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
• Research software – SPSS; Mind Maps etc. Skills / physical competencies:
• Manages self and team performance, effective conflict manager, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Curiosity, Open mindedness, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and management by coaching
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
• Critical thinking, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number IRC26702
as the email subject.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 30th March 2022 to: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 March, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.