ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self- motivated individuals to fill the following positions: Advocacy and Campaigns Manager Role Overview:
This position exists to provide technical inputs and coordinate ActionAid Ghana’s policies, advocacy and campaigns activities. Key Responsibilities:
• Lead in the development and implementation of advocacy and campaigns strategy
• Synthesize regional advocacy and campaigns issues for national and sub-regional engagements.
• Build relationships with parliament, key government institutions, CSOs and academia to undertake joint programmes to influence policy decisions and practices.
• Participate actively in working groups, networks, campaigns, community of practice, international platforms at the national and international level.
• Lead in articulating the organisations position on topical issues.
• Share information and analysis on issues relevant to national and international advocacy and campaigns to staff and collaborators.
• Develop working relationships with international NGOs and CSO networks to build effective alliances with campaigners on events and campaign briefing materials to implement and promote campaigns.
• Undertake policy analysis to expose gaps and propose alternatives.
• Undertake analysis of the political environment and advise on its impact on advocacy and campaigns Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate must hold a post graduate degree in a relevant field with at least 5 years relevant experience and proven track record in a development sector that translates into the following competencies: Technical:
• Research and Advocacy
• Fundraising and Lobbying skills
• HRBA Programming
• Project Management
• Strategic management
• Policy and political analysis Personality:
• Ability to handle conflict, confrontation, disagreement and delicate inter-personal situations in such a manner as to solve the problem and sustain positive relationships
• Ability to control anger, frustration, tension and nervousness, especially in conflict situations
• Ability to keep to time and other commitments, deliver on commitments to others
• Ability to cope with work, time and people pressures
• Ability to hold self and others accountable for delivering growth targets or goals
• Ability to challenge the status quo, promote and endorse change through words and action
• Ability to think strategically and radically to break existing patterns of working
• Ability to understand the business environment in which one is working
• Ability to listen to the views and ideas of other people, especially those contrary to our own, without undue defensiveness
• Ability to write or speak in a manner that communicates the intended message without hurting other people Managerial:
• Knowledge of the decision-making and problem solving process
• Ability and/or willingness to discuss problems/concerns and to take action
• Ability to establish objectives, specific targets and goals
• Ability to develop cooperation among team members and resolve conflicts
• Ability to identify suitable tasks for delegation, the skills required for the task, and the appropriate individual for the task
• Ability to lead and inspire others
• Ability to routinely monitor costs and control budget
• Ability to conduct training, coaching, mentoring and developing others.
• Ability to work effectively and comfortably in a cross-cultural environment and with multi- and interdisciplinary teams in a large organisation Job Circumstances:
This is a three(3) year renewable employment contract on national items and conditions. The role involves frequent travel within Ghana. Annual Gross Salary Range: GH¢ 56,180 to ¢95,190 Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable. Application Forms Must be downloaded from the click below Click Here To Downloand Application Forms
Completed Application Forms should be email to:- [email protected]
or forwarded to:- The HROD/Admin. Manager
P.O. Box AN 19083,
Tel:- +233-302-544714/5/ +233-244316392 / +233-289109560 Closing Date:
01 June, 2015