• The West Afria Trade Hub is one of three USAID-funded trade hub projects in Africa.
• It works with private sector associations and regional govemmental entities to expand trade, increase investment, build institutional capacity, and improve the enabling environment Targeted value chains are livestock, cereals, cashew, shea, mango, and apparel.
• The work takes place in 14 countries in West Africa. Overview:
• Abt Associates seeks candidates for the position of AGOA Assistant on the USAID-funded West Africa Trade Hub project The AGOA Assistant will support the AGOA Coordinator in managing all activities associated with the global value chains for the project.
• The ideal candidate will have the analytical skills. interest, and experience to achieve tangible results in a challenging environment The position is based in Accra, Ghana or Dakar, Senegal and will require frequent and extensive travel in the region. Key responsibilities:
• Coordinate with the AGOA Specialist to provide programmatic support to the global value chains of cashew, shea, mango and apparel throughout the West Africa region.
• Coordinate with the AGOA Specialist to ensure that each global value chain has a well-developed strategic approach. • Assist the team with work planning to identify the most appropriate mix of activities for each global value chain.
• Support implementation of the work plan assuring appropriate coordination with partners.
• Draft terms of reference for specific technical assignments as requested by the AGOA Specialist
• Review technical reports or sections of periodic project reports as requested by the AGOA Specialist
• Review consultant reports, assuring consistent quality control and timely submission to the client
• Coordinate with the M&E specialist to gather and analyse performance management data.
• Help identify training needs and support training of exporting companies and AGOA Trade Resource Centers (ATRCs)
• Collect relevant data from the ATRCs and assisted firms.
• Represent Abt and the project in public settings through meetings, conferences, and presentations. Qualification Required & Experience
• BA/BSc in agribusiness, agricultural economics, trade facilitation, or related field with at least 5 years of experience or MBA with 2 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Complete fluency in English and French.
• At least five years of experience with USAlD (highly desired) or other similar donor programmes.
• Prior work experience in West Africa highly desired.
• Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and mediation skills. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send their CVs and cover letters via email to: [email protected] Closing Date:
10 February, 2016
• Include on the subject line "AGOA Assistant".