AMG Ghana is looking to employ an Agronomist for its regional and national offices.
Established in 2012, Agricultural Manufacturing Group (AMG) is a leading indigenous fully Ghanaian owned company in the marketing and manufacturing of healthier crops and soil nutrients fertilizer.
AMG plays a critical role in the production of healthier produce for each household in the country, with its healthier and equally fertilizer brands that support the farmer increase yield to ensure food security and sustainable development.
• Our Agronomist is a key position that will provide technical support to the AMG commercial business to promote fertilizer and other agricultural input sales at the company.
AMG is looking for a knowledgeable, thorough Agronomist who can develop better farming practices and find effective solutions for the food and farming industry.
The Agronomist will conduct research and field checks, take samples and make observations, perform tests, and identify and solve problems related to plant or soil nutrition, damage from insects or wildlife, weather or climate changes, or the use of specialized products. Using this information, you will also help farmers develop techniques to increase crop quality and yield.
Your focus shall be on developing and promoting better farming practices. You should also be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical with excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
July 1, 2020
Description of Responsibilities
• Actively promote AMG's product capabilities to increase client penetration
• Develop and implement strategies for cross and up-selling products to increase revenue
• Assist in identifying, conceptualizing and developing new products and services consistent with market trends to meet customer requirements
• Prepare and submit periodic sales forecast and progress reports for management decision making
• Ensure that accomplishment of the monthly and yearly sales targets of the direct sales channel
• Provide presence for AMG's crop nutrition programmes at wholesale, retail, local level as well as farm level
• Maintain and populate a database to capture market knowledge and relevance of crop solutions
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelors degree in Agronomy or General Agriculture or related field
• A minimum of three years of working experience in similar role and industries
• Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods
• Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software
• Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills
• Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments
• Sales and presentation skills are also a major plus
• You should also be a good driver, with a valid driving license
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should send a cover letter indicating the position being applied for and their curriculum vitae (CVs) including email and telephone numbers of two referees to:
and [email protected]
25 May, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.