Africa World Airlines Limited (AWA)
Accounting / Auditing
Job Vacancy For Airline Revenue Account Manager
Africa World Airlines Limited (AWA) is a new Ghanaian registered private-sector company formed with the sole vision of making air travel an option for majority of travelers within the markets in which we operate.
Location: Accra Ghana
Job type: Permanent
Organization Overview/ Reporting Line
• Direct Supervisor: Chief Finance Officer
• Indirect Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
• The Airline Revenue Accounts Manager role is key to the airline finance function.
• He/She shall be responsible for identifying, classifying, correctly recording, and providing financial reports for both internal and external use.
• He / She shall work in collaboration with the commercial department to ensure that revenue protection and leakage avoidance procedures are reviewed from time-to-time and are followed.
• Primarily responsible for the accounting of revenue, including passenger revenue, other revenue and other marketing initiatives.
• Perform monthly revenue related journal entries, including passenger revenue, credit shells, barters,credit card revenue, gift cards, vouchers, etc.
• Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts,including air traffic liability on a monthly basis and resolves any reconciling items on a timely basis.
• Prepare monthly revenue profit and loss reports.
• Assist with revenue budget and forecasts variance analysis for assigned accounts.
• Research items of a technical nature to determine proper accounting and presentation Interpret new financing agreements/contracts for proper accounting treatment.
• Ensure internal controls are effectively maintained for revenue related areas.
• Assist with set up and tracking of revenue accounting for new marketing initiatives
• Staff Supervised: Yes
• Direct Reports: Staff of the revenue accounting unit
• Indirect Reports: Travel agents / Corporate agents / Sales department
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or accountancy or related fields.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ revenue accounting experience in a managerial level within an airline.
• Must be particularly strong in interline billing / revenue accounting.
• Reconciliation practical use, including month and year end processes.
• Communication & Working Relationships Banks/ travel agents / corporate agents / sales supervisors & managers / station managers & supervisors.
Competencies (Knowledge/Skills / Abilities)
• Ability to think outside the box and be creative within the accounting principles.
• Meticulous, disciplined and confidential
• Ability to impart knowledge and lead a team of young staff.
• Ability to scrutinize transactions and clear them for refunds.
• Knowledge of SAP Accounting software and Radixx is an advantage.
• Ability to protect against fraud and theft of AWA’s revenue.
• Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes.
How to Apply For the Job
Application and CV to be emailed to:
Applicants From Ghana & West African Sub-region
Closing Date: 31 December, 2018