Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title:
Ambulance Driver SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The primary responsibilities include, transporting patients safely to and from the hospital, transporting emergency personnel, and assisting in moving patients via gurneys or stretchers. driving the ambulance safely to requested locations.
• Ensuring the ambulance is in good working order and complies with infection prevention and control protocols. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Inspecting the ambulance before each shift, checking the fuel, oil, transmission fluid, wiper fluid, and coolant, and reporting any needed repairs.
• Checking the first aid and medical supplies inventory levels before each shift and ensuring the ambulance is well-stocked.
• Assisting patients onto gurneys and loading them into the ambulance.
• Driving an ambulance as quickly and as safely as possible to transport patients to the hospital.
• Sanitizing the ambulance and safely disposing of any medical waste and soiled linens.
• Maintaining a driving log with daily entries and noting patients’ names and addresses, travel times, mileage, and service performed.
• Reporting accident facts to medical personnel and police officers, when necessary. Qualification Required & Experience JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record with valid Public Drivers Permit.
• Minimum of two years’ EMT and driving experience.
• First aid and CPR certification.
• Knowledge of radio transmission codes.
• Emergency vehicle operator certification may be advantageous.
• Excellent defensive driving skills and the ability to read a map.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and reassure frightened patients.
• Good physical agility. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 January, 2021