AMPLIFIES Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Department:
Accra, Ghana Reports To:
Project Director, AMPLIFIES and USDA Summary:
• The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (MEM) is responsible for guiding the project’s overall monitoring and evaluation framework and implementation of related activities under the AMPLIFIES program in Ghana.
• This position is also responsible for providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders, and requires close communication, with all parties involved in M&E design, implementation and coordination, project and partner M & E staff, representatives from primary stakeholder groups, the Chief of Party (CoP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) and external consultants when appropriate, as well as representatives of externally managed M& E related missions.
• The MEM will regularly monitor the degree to which project results have been achieved, utilizing the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan, program indicators and other documents/systems.
• The MEM will supervise two M&E field monitors and must complete assigned activities according to strict deadlines and in compliance with USDA, USAID, and ASA regulation and policy guidelines.
• The position supports overall WISHH program objectives and reports to the Project Director, AMPLIFIES and the Chief of Party, AMPLIFIES.
• Trips to and from the activity sites are required.
• This position requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify and help to hire other M&E field staff
• Supervise M&E Field Monitors to collect data, assess and analyze data/information, monitor project activities, and report on the achievement of project targets, goals and objectives;
• Participate in the process for identifying and designing key indicators for each component of the program; record and report progress against each indicator, and contribute to the design of the format for these reports;
• Oversee and guide the analysis of the obstacles and problems the project is encountering in its achievement of project results, and formulate recommendations to the CoP/DCoP as to their mitigation;
• Contribute to the development of the framework for the project’s M&E system, including, but not limited to annual project reviews, participatory evaluations, specific assessments, case study development and lessons learned workshops;
• In coordination with the CoP/DCoP and Project Director, identify key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance against targets (as per the Performance Monitoring Plan);
• With stakeholders, set out the framework and procedures for the evaluation of ALL project activities. Review the quality of data in the project areas, the methods of collecting the data and the degree to which it will provide robust baseline statistics for impact evaluation;
• Ensure that comprehensive, coherent, analytical, and well written draft progress reports (in excellent English) progress reports are received on a monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual basis (unless otherwise stated).
• Document project successes and lessons learned, as well as testimonials.
• Contribute to internal and external communication materials in efforts to publicize WISHH actions and accomplishments to stakeholders including, but not limited to, Leader Letter, Success Stories, Donor Reports, QSSB Reports, Annual Reports, etc.;
• Supervise and prepare other, ad hoc reports as requested by the USDA, ASA HQ and the CoP;
• Help design and supervise the conduction of baseline studies.
• Participate in joint work planning and sharing/dissemination of results and experiences with relevant partners, USDA/USAID, ACDI/VOCA, sub-recipients and other government departments;
• Prepare and maintain a database in conjunction with the Project Director and CoP/DCoP;
• Assist the team) in ensuring indicators are met and properly reported on;
• When requested, communicate as necessary with Foreign ASA offices, Foreign Agriculture Service staff, attaches and other foreign officers as necessary regarding project status, etc.;
• Provide status updates to management and WISHH staff as necessary, including contractual reporting requirements;
• When identified, liaise with the in-country staff/consultants and project partners to ensure their performance is consistent with the aims of the project;
• In collaboration with the Project Director and CoP, oversee work of partners to ensure deliverables and timelines are being met and are within compliance;
• Develop and maintain a tracking system for contract deliverables;
• Other duties as assigned to assist WISHH in achieving its operational goals and objectives outlined in the strategic plan and project agreements. Qualifications:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in management, business, statistics, economics or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects. Computer literate in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel a must.
• Experience with Access, ODK, GIS-based software, MIS, etc. a plus.
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
• Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
• Substantial survey work, work planning, data analysis, monitoring and report writing experience required.
• Knowledge of USDA and/or USAID programs and regulations is desired.
• Direct experience in monitoring of agricultural projects, knowledge of value chains (esp. poultry sector) and advanced IT skills a plus. Communication Skills:
• Fluent English and proficient reading, research and presentation skills. Must have highly developed oral and written communication skills; ) knowledge and experience of the local cultural context; attuned to others through strong active listening skills, ability to relate professionally and communicate effectively with staff, consultants, governance committee, and outside contacts; must have superior writing and proofreading skills. Reasoning Ability:
• Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made. Ability to evaluate socioeconomic and physical challenges in foreign environments. Ability to learn quickly and multi-task and prioritize in a complex, demanding atmosphere. Attention to detail is a must. Leadership Skills:
• Solid leadership skills and ability to problem solve; integrity and commitment to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records; Excellent organizational and planning skills a must; Capacity to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to work harmoniously and cooperatively within a complex (multi-stakeholder) team and to motivate team members to perform at optimum levels. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
send electronic submission of resume including salary requirements to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
13 October, 2015
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply quickly as the applicant review and interview process will begin immediately. Please write "MEM, AMPLIFIES" in the subject line.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. ASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, World Initiative for Soy in Human Health (WISHH) is prohibited from discriminating in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or political beliefs. WISHH is an equal opportunity provider and employer.