• The Data Analyst is responsible for analysing and converting raw data into functional information that can be used to make informed business decisions.
• The role is required to make use of systems and tools to extract useful information from available data to guide business decisions/initiatives. • The role works in an agile environment, in a project-based team structure, coordinating with managers and specialists to respond to business requirements by developing actionable insights.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Head Business Intelligence & Analytics Job Context
• Evolution and highly competitive Fintech Industry
• Multi regulated and multifaceted stakeholder management
• Environmental, social and governance prioritized
• Partnerships at the core of business practices
• Increasing demand for Fintech/digital experiences decisions to keep up with customers.
• Performance driven environment
• Global and MTN Group Fintech standards and best practices
• Active media engagement and brand reputation
• Convergence in markets and exploration of non-traditional revenue streams requiring complex interpretation and structuring
• Agile ways of working Job Role
• Conducting research or data gathering in line with business needs.
• Analyzing which data is important to the task at hand and convert into functional information.
• Segregation, classification, and analysis of data.
• Identifying major trends.
• Compilation of reports based on analysis, keeping in mind the end user’s requirements.
• Presentation of findings in the form of graphs, tables, charts, and multimedia presentations
• In some cases, performing data mining tasks, for predictive or forecasting purposes.
• Design and maintenance of databases, including security issues.
• Provide increased focus on analytics and emphasize on providing valuable insights to drive improvement opportunities
• Build understanding of business and operational strategies and identify critical metrics required to support those strategies
• Perform analysis and develop recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities
• Ability to handle various data sources, using data modeling work to develop valuable insights across these data sources is key
• Where required, escalate unsolvable issues to Head BI & Analytics in a timeous manner
• Performs Other tasks and duties, as assigned by line Manager Qualification Required & Experience Education
• Minimum of a university degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, accounting, business administration, economics or related field Experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ total experience in data analysis, statistics, mathematics, or related field is required
• Experience in Fintech, banking or Telecom is preferred
• Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets is preferred
• Experience in data analysis and management, business performance management and BI within the Fintech industry Knowledge
• Knowledge of modern Big Data platforms and Open-Source solutions to database, data analysis, and data management
• knowledge and experience in data analytics tools (SQL, Python, etc.)
• Big data and analytics
• Data mining & modelling
• Data interpretation
• Data visualization & Reporting
• Statistical Analysis
• Quantitative Analytics
• Forecasting/predictive Analytics,
• Multivariate testing & optimization algorithm
• Business intelligence systems and tools
• Data science toolkits (SAS, R, SPSS) Competencies Skills/Physical competencies:
• Relationship/people management
• Superior problem-solving skills.
• Analytical and logical thinking skills.
• Delivery focused
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Relationship building Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number Ref no: MTN-MML-ADTRACK18
as the email subject and ensure that CVs are saved in their names. Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] Closing Date:
11 July, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.