Accounting / Auditing
Job Vacancy For Analyst, Forensic Investigation
Conduct and ensure quality of Forensic Investigations Reports
• Undertake forensic investigations in compliance with national and international standards
• Provide feedback on the forensic investigations performed
• Produce reports on outcomes of system compromises or fraud incidents investigated for management
Conduct Forensic Investigations and projects
• Investigate fraud incidents, including agreeing investigation objectives, designing investigation procedures, performing investigations, detailing internal control weaknesses, and writing investigation reports according to best practice standards and the MTN FRM Framework.
• Conduct follow ups on process improvement actions from proactive and reactive fraud assignments to ensure closure of outstanding actions
• Provide support as company witness during disciplinary session or court appearance in cases which were investigated by the forensic team.
• Where necessary, assist in the design of specific controls to improve fraud detection and prevention
• Prioritise investigation, ensure correct process is followed to establish a good understanding of the fraud incidents and root causes and use this information to provide meaningful reporting to management.
• Conduct investigations and forensic procedures, in collaboration with third parties where applicable, on high priority fraud incidents to ensure that those incidents are dully and thorough analysed in a timely manner.
• Participate in the planning investigation/assessments into fraud risks.
• Compile all relevant documentation detailing fraud investigation and findings, ensuring that the report adequately describes the root causes, impact, and possible risk mitigations.
• Maintain and regularly update Fraud Incident Register and conduct period analysis to draw insights on fraud trends and fraud red flags to suggest preventive or detective interventions
• Use statistical data and other means of analysis for forensic investigations to support line analysis activities, providing meaningful information and insights that will assist in preventing future incidents.
• Maintain and update eGRC with data or records of all fraud incidents and investigations conducted
• Monitor the status of recommendations made from the fraud investigation report and provide timely feedback to manager.
• Monitor the adherence to the defined fraud investigation and forensic framework and make the appropriate escalations if necessary.
• Ensure fraud investigations are aligned to policies, procedures, and standards to mitigate identified fraud risk.
• Provide suggestions to enhance fraud investigation policies, procedures, and standards
MTN Tip-offs Anonymous
• Assist with the management of company whistle-blower initiative
• Assess and follow-up all tip-offs received.
• Seek ways in which to add value and prevent losses to MTN’s business and bring these to management’s attention
• Provide regular feedback to line management on progress of work within agreed timelines
• Reduce the expectation gap between Forensic Auditing and operations.
• Confer regularly with Line Manager on the quality and timing of forensic work to be performed
• Log all reported and discovered breaches and/or incidences in the forensic incident register
• Represent the Forensic Department as witness during disciplinary hearings and any other meetings as assigned to attend
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicable Degree in IT/Auditing/Accounting
• Professional certification in forensic accounting/auditing/Investigations/Information Security
• Courses in Interviewing and statement taking skills a plus
Preferred additional qualification:
• Computer Science/ Bachelor of Arts Degree / CA /ACCA/CFE/CIA/CISA/CISSP/CISM/CEH
• Minimum of three years relevant experience in a Professional Accounting Firm/Information Security Management in Telecom Industry.
• Experience must include report writing, audit, strong data analytics, logs review and interviewing skills.
• Fraud investigation experience is beneficial
• Knowledge of governance, risks and controls methodologies and frameworks such as COSO, King III Corporate Governance Code etc.
• Good understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of Telecom Services.
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles, practices techniques and theories of financial reporting and internal controls, auditing standards, practices, and techniques – computer application used in auditing and data processing.
• Ability to interpret information and understand underlying commercial drivers of performance and convergence in the Telecom Industry.
• Ability to plan, implement and maintain a comprehensive audit program and audit activities. Analyse, evaluate and resolve basic internal control problems.
• Knowledge of the information technology environment
• Sound understanding of IS auditing principles and standards (COBIT 5)
• Analytical skills and proficient in the use of ACL, IDEA and other CAATS
• Knowledge in SQL and programming/scripting skills
Skills & Physical Competencies:
• Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
• Demonstrate evidence of influencing and coaching skills
• Professional approach with a can-do attitude
• Courage Skills- Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills -Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
• Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking, and Problem-solving abilities.
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Aware of the organization’s business plan, immediate environment and the possible impact of events and activities on the organization; understand current role in relation to executing the business plan
• Ensures team objectives are consistent with strategic plan
• Generates simple ideas
• Solutions are limited in scope
• Undertakes a process of information and data collection and analysis for integration purposes.
• Identifies and makes sets of information and determines their relationships.
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• Recognizes when advice or assistance is required in making decisions on non- routine issues and looks to others to provide support
• Distinguishes between critical and irrelevant pieces of information. Gathers input and information from a variety of sources to reach a conclusion
• Is familiar with the organization’s various sources of business, customer, and market information, both behavioral and technical data
• Understands the range of metrics used to measure value and effectiveness and can use analytics to review the business impact of key activities
How to Apply For the Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number (Ref no: MTN-IA&F-ADTRACK001) as the email subject. Application without the subject will automatically be disqualified. CVs should be saved in their full names
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 16th June 2022 to:
Closing Date: 20 June, 2022