ARB Apex Bank invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the positions of Applications Manager. Role Summary
• To enhance operations of the ARB Apex Bank and the Rural and Community Banks (RCBs) by managing business applications and providing support services to ensure maximum uptime and quality service delivery. Key Responsibilities
• Resolve incidents logged in the Helpdesk system and escalate unresolved issues to vendors to ensure they are addressed
• Ability to troubleshoot errors or bugs identified in software applications and provide fixes where applicable
• Provide support to users of software and applications used by the Bank and the RCBs.
• Apply patches and upgrade all business applications to correct errors and enhance the smooth use of the systems.
• Conduct tests on off-the-shelf applications to ensure that issues identified are promptly resolved
• Connect new RCBs and Agencies to the Data Centre infrastructure in terms of configuration and implementation of business
• Manage projects assigned and ensure they are implemented in line with agreed terms of reference to ensure value for money for the Bank
• Ability to develop business system requirement document for either in-house development or to procure an off-the-shelf system.
• Train end-users on business systems to ensure they can effectively operate the systems
• Ensure Close oof Business is run to make system ready for the nexy business day
• Ability to write routines and cron jobs when the need arises
• To perform any other tasks which may be assigned by the Supervisor Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field from a recognised University.
• A minimum of eight (8) years post-qualification experience in a similar environment.
• Relevant Professional Qualification(s) will be an added advantage Knowledge and Skills Required
• Working knowledge of IT Tools and Databases — MS SQL, HTMLS, C#, Oracle, Java
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Technologies
• Excellent working knowledge of the core banking software, preferably Temenos T24, with at least 4 years' experience.
• Working knowledge of SWIFT/GIS and Cheque Clearing systems
• Working knowledge in Enterprise Redhat Linux Excellent networking skills Good communication skills —both molten and verbal Strong analytical mind Excellent problem-solving
• Good facilitation skills. Ability to work to strict timelines.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees and contact telephone/email addresses should be forwarded to: The Head Finance and Administration Dept. ARB Apex Bank Limited P.O. BOX GP 20321 Accra
OR to: [email protected] Closing Date:
18 February, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.