ARB Apex Bank is seeking applications from suitably qualified applicants for the positions of Applications Officer. Role Summary
• To enhance operations of the ARB Apex Bank and Rural and Community Banks (RCBs) by designing, developing and implementing business software solutions and providing support to end-users. Key Responsibilities
• Provide maintenance and support of business application systems of the Bank to ensure timely rollout for use by RCBs.
• Train RCBs on business systems to ensure users can effectively run the systems.
• Liaise with consultants to roll out projects assigned to ensure they are completed on time and meet the Bank's
• Perform Close-of-Day activities to ensure the banking software is ready for use the next day and generate reports for submission to Applications
• Resolve incidents logged in the Helpdesk System and escalate unresolved issues to vendors to ensure they are addressed
• Provide support to users of software and applications used by ARB Apex Bank and RCBs
• Apply patches and upgrade all business applications to correct errors and enhance the smooth use of the systems.
• Connect new RCB Agencies to the Date Centre infrastructure in toms of setup, configuration end implementation of business applications
• To perform any other tasks which may be assigned by the Supervisor Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field from a recognised University
• At least six (6) years post-qualification experience in a similar environment
• Relevant Professional Qualifications will be an added advantage Knowledge and Skills Required
• Working knowledge of IT Tools and Databases — MS SQL, HTMLS, C#, Oracle, Java
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Technologies
• Excellent working knowledge of the core banking software preferably Temenos T24, with at least 4 years' experience
• Working knowledge of SWIFT/GIS and Cheque Cleating systems
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Redhat Linux
• Excellent networking skills
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong analytical mind
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good facilitation skills
• Ability to work to strict timelines
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees and contact telephone/email addresses should be forwarded to: The Head Finance and Administration Dept. ARB Apex Bank Limited P.O. BOX GP 20321 Accra
OR to: [email protected] Closing Date:
18 February, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.