University of Mines & Technology
Education / Training
Job Vacancy For Appointment of a Registrar At University of Mines & Technology (Tarkwa)
The general public is hereby notified that the post of a Registrar of the University of Mines and Technology, tarkwa, will soon be vacant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Registrar will include the following:
• Act as Secretary to the University Council as provided for by the Act;
• Responsible to the vice Chancellor for the administration of the University;
• Secretary to all Boards and Statutory Committees of the University, except as otherwise stated;
• Custody of all legal documents and records of the University; and
• Any other functions as may be assigned to him/her by the Vice Chancellor,
The successful applicant should be able to serve a minimum of 4 years and shall, upon application by him/her, be eligible for re-appointment for only another term of 4 years or part thereof but not beyond his/her retiring date from the University,
Conditions of service are as applicable in Government subvented universities of Ghana
Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidates should hold a minimum of a Master's Degree in a field in Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, Administration/Management or any related relevant field.
• He/she should, in addition, show evidence of a good grasp of administrative procedures and have rich and relevant post- qualification experience of not less than twelve (12) years,
In addition, an applicant must have a proven evidence of:
• Strong leadership skills and dynamism;
• Being a strategic thinker and takes initiative in policy formulation;
• Being a team player with excellent interpers oral skills;
• Good communications and excellent report writing skills;
• High sense of responsibility and moral integrity; and
• Experience in the use of Information and Communication Technology.
• Experience in university administration at a higher management level would be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified and interested persons may submit application for the post not later than 12th January, 2016.
Prospective candidates should send six (6) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and statements of their vision for the University in not more than five hundred (500) words and the Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit confidential reports on them directly to the following address:
The Chairman, Search Committee
C/o The Vice Chancellor,
University of Mines and Technology
P. O. Box 237, Tarkwa, Ghana
The Overseas Representative
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
321 City Road, London
Closing Date: 12 January, 2016