Founded in December 2011, University of Health and Allied Sciences is among the youngest public universities in Ghana. University of Health and Allied has a student population of almost 2,100 and employees numbering approximately 390 made up of academic and senior administrative employees, as well as other support staff.
The vision of University of Health and Allied Sciences is to provide quality educational opportunities to students and healthcare professionals, advance knowledge through scholarship and research and provide patient care and services that improve health and quality of life.
The Council of University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho, hereby announce that the post of Vice-Chancellor of University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho will become vacant from August 1, 2016. A successor is therefore being sought to take over from the incumbent Vice-Chancellor.
• The Vice-Chancellor is the academic and administrative head of the University and is accountable to the University Council.
• The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the University and has authority over all employees of the University and the student body, subject to the Statutes of the University.
• The Vice-Chancellor is responsible for the promotion of quality higher education and research and the provision of academic and administrative leadership. He/she should be capable of meeting challenges posed by inadequate infrastructure and a phenomenal growth in student population.
• The Vice-Chancellor is responsible for setting and implementing the agenda reflected by the University’s broad strategic plans; initiating new directions in the academic development of the University; and protecting the integrity of the University’s processes
• The Vice-Chancellor shall advise the Council and the Academic Board on matters affecting policy, finance, governance and administration of the University.
• The Vice-chancellor is the public face of the University and represents the University to the outside world, speaking for University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho, in the Council of Universities World-Wide.
Terms of Appointment:
• To be determined by the University Council consistent with the University’s Act and Statutes.
• Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity.
• Must be a Professor with extensive research leadership, and preferably with a PhD.
• Must be a distinguished scholar of international repute, who can inspire, direct and motivate employees in the drive to become a world class research intensive University dedicated to the training of competent healthcare professionals.
• Must display creativity in vision.
• Must have mature and sober judgement.
• Must have specialisation in Health and Allied Sciences
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and must be a team player.
• Must have good business sense and the ability to manage large resources to achieve set goals.
• Must have good fund raising capabilities
• Must be devoted and able to commit full-time attention to the business of the University.
• Must be able to complete a four-year term by age 60
Ho, Volta Region
How To Apply For The Job
Candidates are to submit an application letter and a completed Application-Form-for-Senior-Administrative-Staff-Position (UAB 2) (to be downloaded at uhas.edu.gh/index.php/staff/staff-employment-forms
) to which should be attached the following:
• Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to the qualities sought.
• A short vision statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12) outlining how the applicant would respond to the University of Health and Allied Sciences’ Mission and Vision Statements during his/her tenure as Vice-Chancellor.
Applications should be forwarded under registered cover to reach the following address not later than January 15, 2016:
Search Committee for Vice-Chancellor
c/o Office of the Registrar
University of Health and Allied Sciences
Ho, Volta Region, Ghana
15 January, 2016