Aviation Industry / Shipping
Job Vacancy For Approved Technician At Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways is truly the pride of Africa. Our global network now reaches 59 destinations, 46 of which are spread across the Africa continent. With a modern fleet of 36 aircrafts, including four Boeing 777 series, makes us one the youngest fleets in Africa.
Kenya Airways opens a world of opportunity across the continent, creating sustainable development by connecting its people and businesses within Africa and around the world.
At Kenya Airways we believe our greatest asset is our people. When you join Kenya Airlines we provide you with training and all the systems and tools you require to perform. And best of all, we provide an environment that enables each and every one of our employees to achieve their full potential.
JOB POSTING TITLE: IRC23790
JOB TITLE: APPROVED TECHNICIAN – ACCRA
Carry out inspection, repair and replacement tasks on aircraft and aircraft systems and perform certification within his/her single scope of approval in accordance with KCAA regulations and the company procedures at optimised cost for the business whilst upholding high safety standards to maintain schedule integrity.
• Assess defects on aircraft, troubleshoot, rectify and Certify within the scope approval for timely release of aircraft to maintain schedule integrity
• Carry out scheduled maintenance checks and certify within the single scope approval for safe and timely release of aircraft within planned downtime for continued airworthiness.
• Identity and requisition of the required parts
• Carry out and certify duplicate inspections on safety critical systems of the aircraft and engines within the scope approval to ensure system integrity
• Report incidents / accident occurrences as per company procedures
• Ensure that maintenance tasks carried out within the scope approval are recorded accurately & signed for in order to maintain correct & up to date aircraft history /data
• Adhere to the company safety, health and environmental policy Carry out security checks as per engineering security document annex 8.
• Work towards acquiring dual licences/approvals
Qualification Required & Experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in the relevant engineering discipline and an approved Apprenticeship program or
• Diploma in the relevant engineering discipline and at least three Years working experience in aircraft maintenance
• Either LWTR plus approval on at least one aircraft type or a transit approval on at least two a/c types
• At least two years as a technician
• In-depth knowledge on aircraft systems Proficiency in computer applications
• Knowledgeable on KCAA regulations
• Knowledgeable on Kenya Airways procedures
• Human factors knowledge
• Strong team player
• Work under time pressure to maintain flight schedules
• Have proven integrity, transparency and accountability
• Ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising quality
• Ability to work independently in hostile environment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Safety conscious
How To Apply For The Job
All manual applications to be addressed to Country Manager Kenya Airways Ghana. Applications can be dropped at:-
Head Office Accra
(Silver Star Tower) during office hours
Closing Date: 09 August, 2013