The E4D-Ghana programme is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-financed by the European Union (EU), Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) and Quoniam to develop and implement public-private cooperation projects that contribute to more productive and decent employment in Ghana.
The Aquaculture Technical Advisor at GIZ Ghana will primarily be tasked with managing all aquaculture matters of the E4D Ghana portfolio and contribute to the programme's objectives within the Agriculture value chain. He/she will act as an interlink between the E4D project and its respective public and private partners.
Employment and Skills for Development (E4D)
April 2020 to December 2021
• Managing and promoting private sector investments in aquaculture as well as other related agri-business interventions within the framework of development partnerships initiatives of E4D
• Assisting the project/programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups particularly partner companies and partnership project beneficiaries.
• Independently managing and monitoring projects assigned to him or her under the E4D Programme, including management and steering responsibility for third-party contractors' implementation
The professional advisor performs the following:
• Supports the development of ready-to-use Good Aquaculture Practices Curriculum, manuals, and handbook for selected Aquaculture Value
• Prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports, including annual reports, factsheets etc and contributes the other reports required by the Team Leader and GIZ Head Office
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least five (5) years of professional and practical experience in a similar position
• Masters degree in Fisheries and Aquaculture with a working experience in Environmental impact analysis and Aquaculture Value Chain Development.
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (eg MS Office, Outlook)
• Fluent written and oral knowledge of English language and a working knowledge of at least one popular Ghanaian language
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed-corresponding measures are agreed with management
• Solid knowledge of Ghana's Aquaculture industry, it's socio-political situation and its culture
Competitive GIZ salary structure, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one - page cover letter to:
under the job code 2020/E4D/03/01
23 March, 2020