Banking / Finance
Job Vacancy For Archivist At ARB Apex Bank
The ARB Apex Bank Ltd. has been established by the ARB Apex Bank Ltd. Regulations, 2006 (L.I.1825) to provide support services to the Rural and Community Banks (RCBs).
The ARB Apex Bank invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the position of ARCHIVIST.
The Archivist will ensure the efficient management of the Records Centre of the Bank.
• Implement the records retention policy of the Bank
• Identify and organise all dormant and orphaned records in the bank
• Ensure proper storage and shelving of records in the repositories.
• Maintain a register of all the record holdings of the Office (Accession Register)
• Select and review records which have attained their retention periods. .
• Re-schedule records on various forms. Eg. Records Disposal Form
• Maintain a register of all records retrieved and referenced. (Production Register)
• Maintain a register or finding aid of all the record holding of the office
• Monitor the retrieval and re-shelving of records in the repositories
• Evaluate records for preservation and retention
• Ensure that the Search Room rules and regulations are adhered to by all searchers.
• Provide reference services to searches
• Daily administration of the centre. Exercise oversight responsibility over semi-current records at the head office and branches of the Bank
• Orientate staff on the processes for submission and retrieval of records from the Records Centre
• Integrate records retention and management into the culture and processes of the Bank
• Facilitate the organization and migration from a manual archival system to electronic archival system.
• Facilitate the submission of records to and retrieval of records from the Records Centre
• Organise archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must possess a qualification in Records Management and Archives Administration with at least 5 years working experience or
• A University Degree in Information Studies with 5 years post qualification practical experience of working in an Archives or Records Centre.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The applicant must possess the following:
• Good supervisory skills
• Have eye for details and be very meticulous.
• Strong organisational & administrative skills
• Be a good team player ,
• Ability to work with very minimum supervision .
• Self-motivated with good Interpersonal Skills.
• Must be proactive and results-oriented.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, Names and Addresses of three (3) referees and contact telephone/ Fax/ e-mail addresses should be forwarded to:-
THE HEAD, HUMAN CAPITAL DEPARTMENT
ARB APEX BANK LIMITED
P.O. BOX GP 20321
Closing Date: 12 January, 2016