• The Area Director is responsible for the delivery of the defined area Profit & Loss, Balance sheet and Working Capital objectives connected to his area based on the J&J reporting cycles and procedures.
• Manages the commercial partners of J&J MD in the area. The AD agrees with the management of a partner about resources, level of education, proper use of all relevant policies and procedures.
• Selects and measures performance of the commercial partners in the area. The area director sets business targets and examines the result frequently.
• In respective area, the commercial J&J resources report into the AD.
• The AD leading projects around driving focused portfolio, country prioritization and profitability optimization.
• Accountable for market assessment, segmentation and targeting of specific markets/customers for the MD strategic priorities in the specific area
• In close cooperation with the MISSA Marketing team, the AD develops and recommends short and long-range strategy for the marketing of assigned products / specialties.
• The AD is responsible for the selection of commercial opportunities within his area, based on the principle of priorization.
• Drive usage of appropriate systems to control and monitor implementation of plans to ensure that marketing objectives, as outlined in the annual EM priority plan, are met.
• Initiate and/or coordinate market research to determine unmet needs, product requirements, acceptance, market trends and forces, success of promotional campaign, and concept testing of new promotional ideas.
• Maintain current knowledge of competitive products, processes, promotional activities, and corporate strategies. Develop relationships with industry opinion leaders to anticipate and act on changes in demand and buying behaviours. Participate in industry symposia, medical meetings, and monitor the industry's business, and clinical publications.
• Proactively manage product life cycle by obsolescing specific SKU’s and developing promotional strategies appropriate for the product's life cycle stage.
• Drive the Credo values of the organization through every interaction, activity and team-member selection. “Walk the talk” of the Credo values every day. Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: BA or BS required, Masters Degree preferred. (Scientific/Business combination would be ideal) MBA or Marketing degree. International exposure is a plus.
• Experience: Generally requires 15+ years related experience. / Marketing and/or management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple commercial projects successfully, preferably in a large, global organization is preferred.
• Extremely good grasp of English-language, written as well
• Advanced grasp of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word
• Ability to create and maintain a high level of energy and sense of urgency Program/Project Management best practices required.
• Communication and Presentation skills
• Language: English, French, is a must – Others are a plus
• Location: Location in the Area, most preferably in the country dedicated as Area host country. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
15 April, 2021