The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the Head-office and Zonal Offices.
Assistant Administrative Officer
• To provide operational support for the performance fo the administrative functions of the Zone
• Collect data for the formulation of policies for the Directorate
• Participate in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, procedure, programme and guidelines pertaining to library to library, security and secretarial services
• Facilitate the organisation of meetings, seminars, work-shops and conferences
• Facilitate the provision of data for the development of processes, systems and procedures on the functions of the Administrative unit
• Participate in the provision of data for preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the unit
• Participate in the collection of data for the preparation of annual budget and work plan
• Supervise and appraise the performance of subordinate staff
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences or any other field
• Must have completed national service
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Knowledge and understanding of Public Administration system
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge and application of relevant administrative tools and software
• Quantitative, qualitative and analytical skills
• Relevant knowledge in ICT applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) etc
• Communication, Interpersonal, Presentation and report writing skills
• Ability to initiate and a team player
• Project management skills
• High integrity with strong ethics
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
• Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks Head office in Tamale, industrial area:
[email protected] .com
16 December, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.