Job Vacancy For Assistant Aquaculture Manager / Assistant Capture Fisheries Manager
Fisheries Commission invites applications from interested and qualified persons for the under-listed positions as Assistant Aquaculture Manager / Assistant Capture Fisheries Manager
Position: Assistant Aquaculture Manager / Assistant Capture Fisheries Manager
• To provide operational support in Aquaculture and Capture Fisheries for the achievement of the objectives of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitors the management of the fingerlings from the hatcheries to the industry players.
• Conducts routine training on emerging technologies to the industry players.
• Supervises the establishment and development of aquaculture facilities.
• Inspects relevant documentation and ensures the proper completion of applications for licensing and issuance of import and export
• Collects and collates data for the management of the Division's database.
• Inspects vessels for issuance of licence and
• Inspects relevant documentation and ensures the proper completion of applications for catch certification and prepares appropriate
• Supervises and appraises the performance of subordinate staff.
• Collects data for the preparation of annual budget of the Division.
• Collects data for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Division.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Fisheries, Aquaculture Sciences or any related field
• Must have completed National Service
• Must pass a competitive selection interview
• High integrity and confidentiality.
How To Apply For The Job
Suitable candidates can send their CVs and application letters in english to the
P.O. Box GP 630,
or submit at the Head Office of Fisheries Commission located at Ridge Near the Ridge Church School.
Closing Date: 20 December, 2019