Assistant Country Director Programme Salary Grade:
GHS 112,605- 173,858 (Annual Gross Salary) Duty Station:
One (1) year Start Date:
01 October, 2015 Background:
Under the leadership of the Country Director (CD), the Assistant Country Director Programme (ACD-P) acts as a manager of and advisor to Senior Management on all aspects of CO programme, manages a major programme portfolio in one ( medium/large office) or more of the programme practice areas. The main role is to manage the country programme including continued monitoring of implementation. The ACD (P) leads the programme team in strategic planning and identifies new programme areas while ensuring consistency with UNDAF/ CPD priorities and creative responses to emerging challenges and opportunities.
ACD-P heads and supervises Programme team and works in close collaboration with the Operations team in the CO, Programme staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society to successfully implement the UNDP programme. Duties and Responsabilities
As a member of the CO management team, ensures the strategic direction of UNDP programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Thorough analysis of the political, social and economic situation in the country and collaborative preparation/revision of CCA, UNDAF, CPD, AWP and other documents;
• Identification of strategic programme areas of cooperation;
• Operationalization of UNDAF/ CPD in collaboration with the main partners and other UN Agencies. Identification of possibilities for joint programming;
• Analysis and presentation of UNDP policies and their implementation in the CO;
• CO business processes mapping and establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management, control of the workflows in the Programme Unit.
• Strategic oversight of planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring of the programme, tracking use of financial resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations. ACD (P) performs the function of Manager Level 2 in Atlas for development projects transactions approval;
• Effective monitoring, measuring the impact of the CO programme and evaluation. Constant monitoring and analysis of the programme environment, timely readjustment of programme; Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field;
• Prince 2 training and certification, RMG.
• 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
• Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Follow the link below to view detailed job information and mode of application: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=58412 Closing Date:
31 July, 2015 Please note that manual applications will not be accepted and Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply