• Liaises and assists government authorities and local. national and international institutions in the areas of FAO's activities in the country and with other UN agencies.He/she may represent FAO at inter-agency meeting as required
• Promotes the image of FAO through advocacy of the Organisation's mandate, programme,national priorities and activities including development and maintenance of communication tools such as website,press releases and publications, and support the implementation of FAO's regulatory framework (Codex Almentarius,Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries,Safe Use of Pesticides,etc.)
• Coordinates the collection,consolidation and maintenance of country data on food,crops,livestock,forestry and fisheries including information on external aid in FAO's corporate systems and monitor changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector;
• Participates in producing technical, economic and policy studies as required and developing country level development frameworks such as the Country Prograrnming Framework (CPF) and the United Nations Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAF)
• Participates in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals and monitor and review the status of programme/project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document; identify inconsistencies and delay and, when necessary, propose corrective measure to overcome operational constraints;
• Briefs,trains and supervises lower grade level programme staff regarding all aspects of the job. Ensures adherence to procedures and work requirements and accuracy and diligence of the work provided.
• Performs other duties as required Technical/Functional Skills
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project development and management
• Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and functions of the technical programme,operational guidelines and project /programme management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO
• Extent and relevance of experience in the field of policy analysis relating to food and nutrition security', agriculture and rural development
• Extent and relevance of experience in the Collection of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries
• Extend and relevance of experience in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals as well as programme/project implementation,monitoring and review Additional Information
• All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills
• Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your recruitment online profile (see "How to Apply"). We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills.
• Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
• Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice and the endorsed candidates will be considered for the Employment Roster for a period of 2 years.
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments Qualification Required & Experience
• National of the country of assignment
• University degree in agriculture, agricultural economics. forestry,fisheries, or any other held related to the work of the Organization
• Four years of relevant experience in agricultural development and/or project implementation in an area of FAO's activities in the country OR Advanced University degree in agriculture, agricultural economics,forestry, fisheries,or any other field related to the work of the Organization and two years of relevant experience in agricultural development and/or project .implementation in an area of FAO's activities in the country
• Working knowledge (Level C) of English language
• Working knowledge of local languages COMPETENCIES
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationship
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/
Candidate are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected] Closing Date:
07 August, 2015
• Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
• Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
• The incumbent may be reassigned to different activities depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.