The Fisheries Commission, an Agency under the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture development(MoFAD), hereby invites applications from qualified Ghanaians for the following position: Assistant Finance Manager Duties and Responsibilities The successful applicant will provide operational support in management of financial resources for the achievement of the objectives of the Commission
• Collects inputs for preparation of guidelines for the management of the Commission’s financial resources
• Collaborates with relevant stakeholders in the management of financial resources and preparation of accounts of the Commission
• Undertakes vetting of all financial documents before payments are effected
• Maintains proper books of accounts in accordance with best practices and standards
• Undertakes reconciliation of records and accounts
• Collect data for the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements
• Collects data for the preparation of annual plans and budget of the Commission
• Collects inputs for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Division Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Accounting, Finance, B.Com. or any related field OR
• Part II of a certification by a relevant accounting professional body (e.g. CIA, ICA, ACCA, etc.
• Must have completed National Service Competencies
• Good leadership, communication, interpersonal, presentation and report writing skills
• Good qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
• Good knowledge of relevant financial laws, regulations and accounting standards
• Proficiency in relevant IT applications
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work is an advantage
• High integrity and confidentiality Location:
The successful applicant will work at Regional and District levels How To Apply For The Job
1. All Applicants must provide evidence of completion of National Service.
2. Applicants should indicate the positions applied for and Two (2) regions of their choice.
3. Applications should be submitted to the following addresses, either a), b) or c). THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FISHERIES COMMISSION P. O. BOX GP 630 ACCRA, GHANA
email: [email protected] Closing Date:
25 May, 2021