To safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks. To assist the Controller in the administration of all financial aspects and ensure all local and corporate policies and procedures are followed. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
• Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
• Responsible for understanding and having a working knowledge of all areas in accounting and being able to assist or cover a position if needed.
• Responsible for ensuring that local legislation and procedures are followed.
• Responsible for preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations during month-end closing.
• Responsible for ensuring that all journal entries are accurate and have been signed off before posting.
• Responsible for ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are in good order and up to date.
• Responsible for preparing or overseeing the preparation of all tax returns.
• Responsible for ensuring that all fees are calculated accurately and comply with the Management Agreements.
• Responsible for assisting the Controller with forecasting and budgeting.
• Responsible for performing any controller tasks during his absence.
• Responsible for hiring, motivating, counseling, coaching, evaluating, scheduling, etc, of the Accounting staff.
• Responsible for assisting department heads with making relevant and accurate decisions on financial matters.
• Responsible for continuously looking for improvements and ways to enhance efficiencies.
• Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the controller and assisting in all areas of Finance as needed.
• Responsible for communicating with the controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
• Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel. Qualification Required & Experience
• High School or secondary diploma required
• University/College/Tertiary level education preferred.
• Previous experience in luxury hotels is required.
• 3 years experience in event & group sales, reservations or sales preferred
• Opera central systems knowledge
• Knowledge of either Fidelio V6 or Opera PMS is imperative
• A proven track record of increasing revenue streams or strengthening the performance of a property
• Experience with reporting and market performance reports
• Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
• Detail orientated and hands on
• Effective ability to supervise, motivate, train and develop team members
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
• Ability to investigate systems malfunctions or user-input errors
• Ability to analyse data, make meaningful conclusions and base sound decisions and strategies on these
• Knowledge of industry-specific terminology such as ADR, RevPAR, on-the-books, etc.
• Ability to adapt to a frequently changing market environment. Be proactive and able to “think outside of the box”
• Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
• Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure WHAT WE OFFER
• Wide range of development possibilities and career growth
• An excellent working environment
• A good compensation package
• A good medical and healthcare package Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you meet the above requirements, please send your cover letter, and CV:- [email protected]i.com Closing Date:
23 October, 2015 We look forward to receiving your application. Due to the volume of applications received, please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Candidates may be contacted for interview before the close of the application deadline. Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Kempinski Hotel, Gold Coast City.